iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Sep 20, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #256 of 1,594
Maybe. Bought my xCAN last month. 20% off. Outlet sale?
The price would be fine for me , just hate 2.5mm .. and mess around with adapters for my 4.4 cables … currently using the q5s / thx as Bluetooth amp .. but looking for an upgrade soundwise .. and many people direct to ifi

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #257 of 1,594
I see you also have the Paw S1 , can you do an comparison with Blu for me? ( sound wise )

So again using my Dunu EST112 as a reference IEM, comparing the Paw S1 with EQ off and Go Blu also without Xbass/Xspace via AAC to my iPhone.

I find the Paw S1 to have a flatter sound. Technically, the S1 is probably the better performer (resolution and soundstage mainly) but I still find the Go Blu to be the more engaging listen. Musicality I would say is the Go Blu’s strength. I typically use the Paw S1 with its built-in EQ (and 2-3 different settings) so this particular comparison is a little tricky for me as I almost never use EQ off with the S1 anyways. I can see myself using the Go Blu more than my S1 in the future due to convenience.

Out of curiosity I did try a few MQA tracks on Tidal with the Paw S1 and played back the same tracks on Go Blu. I still find the musicality factor valid, more important than not being able to support MQA with Bluetooth solutions imo.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #258 of 1,594
So again using my Dunu EST112 as a reference IEM, comparing the Paw S1 with EQ off and Go Blu also without Xbass/Xspace via AAC to my iPhone.

I find the Paw S1 to have a flatter sound. Technically, the S1 is probably the better performer (resolution and soundstage mainly) but I still find the Go Blu to be the more engaging listen. Musicality I would say is the Go Blu’s strength. I typically use the Paw S1 with its built-in EQ (and 2-3 different settings) so this particular comparison is a little tricky for me as I almost never use EQ off with the S1 anyways. I can see myself using the Go Blu more than my S1 in the future due to convenience.

Out of curiosity I did try a few MQA tracks on Tidal with the Paw S1 and played back the same tracks on Go Blu. I still find the musicality factor valid, more important than not being able to support MQA with Bluetooth solutions imo.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #259 of 1,594
Maybe. Bought my xCAN last month. 20% off. Outlet sale?

That would be up to our distributors and retailers! We usually don't offer sale prices directly.

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #260 of 1,594
Are there any Canadian Distributors who have stock or imminently awating stock? I just cant justify $50+ US Shipping ($65 CAD) on a $200 item. Sadly, it's why many of us Canadians buy on Ali Express, because we can get the same price with no tax and free shipping. I love Audio64 and Andrew at Musicteck is a stellar seller, but as a matter of principle I can't and won't pay those shipping fees which then trigger addional customs clearnance fees (usually a $20 processing fee on the import side) in addition to shipping and any taxes, so we always get a second invoice from the carrier in addition to the shipping already prepaid. Those are all empty, no value fees and I just won't pay them. I really wish more and more sellers, manufactures would understand that. We'd support local but sadly, often our choice is limited to a US seller and then we are heavily dinged. Pretty much every purchase I've made in the last year has come out of Asia for that reason alone.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #261 of 1,594
When will it be sold in Japan? ☺️

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #262 of 1,594
I really like the look of this, I use this type of device daily for many hours. I like that the features and controls make a phone app unnecessary. The lack of a clip makes it less convenient and is the same reason I didn't buy the Shanling up5 and up4. That horrible clip shipped with the up4 doesn't count. If you don't use this type of device much you may not appreciate what a difference a good clip makes so it seems like a petty reason not to buy a great looking DAC/amp. I could glue a cheapo clothes peg to it and tell people it came like that.

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #263 of 1,594
Are there any Canadian Distributors who have stock or imminently awating stock? I just cant justify $50+ US Shipping ($65 CAD) on a $200 item. Sadly, it's why many of us Canadians buy on Ali Express, because we can get the same price with no tax and free shipping. I love Audio64 and Andrew at Musicteck is a stellar seller, but as a matter of principle I can't and won't pay those shipping fees which then trigger addional customs clearnance fees (usually a $20 processing fee on the import side) in addition to shipping and any taxes, so we always get a second invoice from the carrier in addition to the shipping already prepaid. Those are all empty, no value fees and I just won't pay them. I really wish more and more sellers, manufactures would understand that. We'd support local but sadly, often our choice is limited to a US seller and then we are heavily dinged. Pretty much every purchase I've made in the last year has come out of Asia for that reason alone.

When will it be sold in Japan? ☺️

Let me check on both of these questions for you guys!

I really like the look of this, I use this type of device daily for many hours. I like that the features and controls make a phone app unnecessary. The lack of a clip makes it less convenient and is the same reason I didn't buy the Shanling up5 and up4. That horrible clip shipped with the up4 doesn't count. If you don't use this type of device much you may not appreciate what a difference a good clip makes so it seems like a petty reason not to buy a great looking DAC/amp. I could glue a cheapo clothes peg to it and tell people it came like that.

We hear you all on the shirt clip - no ETA yet!

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #264 of 1,594
I was wondering the same questions! XDSD is still, at least to me, the best sounding BT receiver I have tried so far. Also I prefer its implementation of Xbass and 3D plus over most "regular" EQs. If the Go Blu sounds similar while being much smaller, I might be forced to sell my recently purchased UP5 again, though I really like it, too. A little leather case with shirt clip by Dignis for the Go Blu would be fantastic btw! :)
Do you still own the xDSD?

Sep 20, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #265 of 1,594
The only store I’ve seen with this even listed yet is BayBloor, but it’s pre-order still

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #266 of 1,594
The only store I’ve seen with this even listed yet is BayBloor, but it’s pre-order still
Great stuff. I bought a good bit of Home gear there when I lived in Toronto. Great store. Thanks for the heads up.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #267 of 1,594
I got my ifi go blu today. Super impressed by fast delivery by Bloom Audio. Placed order Friday night 10pm and received my ifi go blu Monday 12pm. They included a personal handwritten thank you note and packet of skittles. I am tasting the rainbow and enjoying go blu. Highly recommend bloom audio ..best part no shipping or taxes charged ..

I got to listen to ifi go blu today for few hours with various sources..

Sources - wired using balanced 4.4mm pentaconn
  • One plus 8T with openSL ES output and Hi-Res output (prefer OpenSL ES) using poweramp player.DVC enabled
  • Ipadpro 2020 using Flacbox player

Sources - wireless
  • onplus 8T openSL ES output and Hi-Res output (prefer OpenSL ES) using poweramp player with LDAC ,APtX HD. Prefer LDAC with OpenSL ES
  • iPad Pro 2020 with AAC using flacbox player
  • Sony WM1Z with LDAC with sound quality priority and Aptx HD . Prefer LDAC

Here are my first impressions. Need to listen more before I can make a full judgement
  • It sounds very good. It has a warm lush sound which makes it musical. Compared to lotoo paw S1 which I had before and returned which had a clinical sound with bigger soundstage but I found vocals to be flat as well as bass compared to ifi go blu and I didn’t seem to enjoy it much to reach for it every time.
  • It had amazing power to drive vast range of iems and headphones.. I am using it to drive noble K10s ciem and Sony Z1R full size headphones with enough headroom. I am using just 30% volume with K10s and 50% volume with Sony Z1R when using Bluetooth. 50% with K10s and 65% with Sony Z1R when wired. It can too loud in a hurry if you choose it to be
  • Xbass and xspace are guilty pleasures and love using them for some EDM tracks . The implementation is real good. I normally don’t eq at source ever but with go blu I love to experiment and it makes player very musical
  • The controls are very intuitive and when using playback controls there is a slight lag but it doesn’t bother me
  • The player is super tiny, well built and very lightweight. Love that small leather pouch. Perfect portable device
  • wired connection gives more bass and soundstage atleast to my ears over Bluetooth. Also detail retrieval is better with wired. But nowhere close to dedicated DAP like Sony WM1z or has it smoothness . But for device that costs 1/15 the cost of WM1z it is acceptable
  • No RFI with my mobile phone. I had huge issue with RFI with lotoo paw S1
  • Sound signature is non fatiguing. With lotoo paw s1 I couldn’t listen for longer periods
  • Bluetooth connection is very stable on all devices
  • No lag on YouTube, Netflix or Azul. Both on iOS , Android and also on Mac

here are some things not that good
  • There is a noticeable hiss with K10s . None of player or dacs I have used in past hiss with K10s
  • The volume knob is plasticky and feels cheaper
  • No smooth volume increments but stepped and those steps are huge. On poweramp one turn is 4% increase. So I control vol at source
  • For a $200, they could include a USB-C to USB-C cable.they have usbA to usb c cable . But I wish they did like some competition which includes usb-c to usb-c cable with usb-c to usb-a adapter.
  • The connection range is not as good as my other tws devices. This has about 80% coverage of my house vs 99% for most tws devices
Few firmware upgrade requests
  • the battery status light should turn itself after few secs and if want to state of charge one click of power button gives battery health
  • The dac should turn itself off say 1 min after no activity or maybe 5 min, it be awesome if tuneable with some combo clicks
  • so far it is meeting my expectations on how I plan to use it and I love the sound signature..

On another note can someone recommend a good small USB-C to USB-C cable.

Attachments

• 123A129A-62B3-47C8-8037-7E106DE3D149.jpeg
    123A129A-62B3-47C8-8037-7E106DE3D149.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 4C64F8F9-137D-4FA6-8262-985E84C162B6.jpeg
    4C64F8F9-137D-4FA6-8262-985E84C162B6.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 4CB4F54F-C753-4CEC-8C03-8C8455C054A1.jpeg
    4CB4F54F-C753-4CEC-8C03-8C8455C054A1.jpeg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 972379A1-8D82-41C3-9756-4D73792320D4.jpeg
    972379A1-8D82-41C3-9756-4D73792320D4.jpeg