iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Oct 28, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #1,052 of 1,190
IBasso DC Elite... 378 euro if so it's a good price...

Oct 28, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #1,053 of 1,190
Hi guys ,

What is your best recommandation for a flexible usb-c cable for an onthego usage?
Which fits in the pocket attached to the phone.
The sound quality of the go bar is excellent but i've many problems of disconnection with the USB-C port.
I'm using an Android phone (Xiaomi Redmi note 12 pro)
Thanks for your advice
I've had good luck with both the DDHIFI TC09S and the FiiO LT-TC1 (both insert much more firmly than the stock ifi cable)..

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #1,056 of 1,190
Hi everyone, how well does the Go Bar (regular and gold version) handle movement while connected to a device without disconnecting? Does it have to be perfectly still or can you have it dangling while still playing music. Looking for a dongle that can work while running.

Nov 2, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #1,057 of 1,190
How do you check the firmware version that is installed? Is it necessary to install them all in sequence or can you directly install the latest one available on the site? Thank you.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #1,058 of 1,190
Hi everyone, how well does the Go Bar (regular and gold version) handle movement while connected to a device without disconnecting? Does it have to be perfectly still or can you have it dangling while still playing music. Looking for a dongle that can work while running.
IMO either Go Bar handles some movement well, and using a cable that fits more snugly than the stock cable will help with this. With that said, I wouldn't want to run with it flopping around...as tragedy will eventually occur.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #1,059 of 1,190
How do you check the firmware version that is installed? Is it necessary to install them all in sequence or can you directly install the latest one available on the site? Thank you.
Using the iFi firmware update tool will report which firmware is installed. I have had no problems (yet) installing the newest firmware even when skipping multiple prior versions.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #1,060 of 1,190
I use it on walking exercises and now and then it passes out because the original cable plug moves on the phone's usb-c.

Would someone please recommend a cable that fits more snugly.

Nov 2, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,061 of 1,190
Sorry, but how many hours of burnin does it need?
But with the bass it has, does anyone really use the extra bass function??? lol

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #1,062 of 1,190
ifi GO bar + dongle mod V2 + Volume MAX + High Gain (6,2 volts balanced in the two XLR of the Cayin) + HE6seV2/HEK Stealth/HD800S = :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #1,063 of 1,190
I use it on walking exercises and now and then it passes out because the original cable plug moves on the phone's usb-c.

Would someone please recommend a cable that fits more snugly.
Does someone know the differences of DDHiFi TC09S and TC07S? The price difference is only about 7 €. So which one to buy? Do they firmly connect to the usb-c port?

The original cable bends on the pocket, so that the cable plug moves on the phone's usb-c port. And therefore the music frequently stops, which is super annoying. 🤦

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #1,064 of 1,190

Using the iFi firmware update tool will report which firmware is installed. I have had no problems (yet) installing the newest firmware even when skipping multiple prior versions.

You can also get this information by installing the ASIO IFI drivers for Windows.

An icon will appear on the tray bar, by clicking on which you will obtain various information:

IMG_6525.jpeg

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #1,065 of 1,190
ifi GO bar: A wolf in sheep's clothing...

Before purchasing it, as I usually do, I read all the available reviews to get an idea of what I would find when I opened the box. In addition to the many advantages, in the reviews, I found some "defects" listed... but all these "defects" all led in the same direction... and instead of pushing me away... they pushed me even more towards it. Many wrote about its balanced sound signature, the refined mids that were always present in all reproductions, the highs that were extended but never intrusive and never unbalanced the sound. But in the end there were "defects": bass perhaps too full and present, hiss with sensitive IEMs, poor power and dynamics with low impedance IEMs/headphones, difficulty in fine-tuning the volume due to its enormous power, sound tending in the dark... and then there was a feature and above all a value that differentiated it from all the other dongles on the market. The ifi GO bar is the only "dongle" that increased the impedance of the connected IEMs/headphones, increasing the power and above all the current it supplies... therefore not very suitable for IEMs with low impedance and high efficiency... and then there was him... the most shocking fact of all... with a 300ohm load it brings out the beauty of 6.2 volts in balanced mode. I said to myself "these are not dongle features, these are desktop equipment features and very good ones at that". Today as soon as it arrived (just to see if everything was ok) I connected it to the Letshuoer S12 PRO and it actually sounded a little dark and with the bass very evident (also due to the IEMs) just checked that everything was in order there I immediately disconnected the IEMs, turned the volume up to maximum and set the high gain. In a few seconds it was already connected in balanced mode to my Cayin iHA-6 which in turn was connected to the inevitable HE6SEV2... everything was ready for the test... and I turned it on. A wall of sound invades me already at 9:00 on the Cayin's volume... while with other dongles to get that result I would have had to go beyond 11:00. Everything is simply perfect, zero hiss, not even the shadow of advanced bass, an absolute reference balance, sound not too dark and not too clear in a word perfect, bass with very deep textures, restrained, dry, powerful, with millimetric control, mids with extreme musicality, smooth, clear, crystalline, voices and instruments of the same very high level, highs simply perfect for impact, extension, tonality and clarity. A top ten sound. Now let's go back to the title... and the substance of this "fake dongle"... you can listen to it with IEMs, like you can see a lion in a cage. You can listen to it with headphones, like you can see a lion in the zoo. You must listen to it in pure DAC configuration... and it will be like seeing a lion free in the savannah... its prey is music. Those at ifi thought of hiding a wolf under the skin of a lamb (as in the famous fairy tale)... now it's your turn to discover what the ifi GO bar can really do... a desktop DAC in the shape of a dongle. .. that's what didn't add up to me in its reviews... no one saw what was under the lambskin... a wolf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back