iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Feb 1, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #811 of 1,190
Has anyone had any luck finding that perfect match Jutem case for the Go Bar? I have scoured everything on the Internet, including AliExpress and Taobao, and I have found just one single blue case on eBay (a color I don't care for). This case is even rarer than the Gold Bar--how is this possible? It would really be nice if Ifi offered a case like the Jutem one.

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #812 of 1,190
iFi Support is having me send my device in. In case anyone is curious, this is what it looks like with the malfunction.

Almost went deaf!

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #813 of 1,190
For the case, I used Superbuy to make the purchase. It was worth it. It wasn’t the easiest process as there is an agent to help with the process but got here within a month

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #814 of 1,190
F91FFA38-A1B7-4B67-8423-739F44FE330D.jpeg
Go Bar is incredible, just some cons are
- Led and text are not easy to read.
- Buttons are not solid like the W2.
Could you please share your thoughts about those two? I'm torn between those two :)

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #815 of 1,190
Could you please share your thoughts about those two? I'm torn between those two :)
L&P cold and clinical unless you have one of the IEMs that were included in the firmware. Go Bar (gold is the one I own) a bit more laid back with a deeper reach, but not as much on the high end

Feb 10, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #816 of 1,190
Hello,

I recently got the Go Bar Gold, i noticed after updating to FW2.20 the MQA light no longer lights up when I play from iPhone(only source I use it on). Prior to the update the MQA would have magenta light on.

Anyone else have this issue? Or have an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks.

Feb 10, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #817 of 1,190
Hello,

I recently got the Go Bar Gold, i noticed after updating to FW2.20 the MQA light no longer lights up when I play from iPhone(only source I use it on). Prior to the update the MQA would have magenta light on.

Anyone else have this issue? Or have an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks.
Is 2.20 just New?
I have updated my Gold Bar to latest fw a week ago and always see correct MQA lights playing from IPhone.

Feb 10, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #819 of 1,190
Since September so I imagine it’s the same one. Is there anyway to factory reset?
I also tried FW1.70 and it seems to be the same for me.

Currently I use FW 2.2a with no issue, either with
Tidal app nor with Mconnect app, both with iPhone.

Do you have a way to test the BAR connected with PC/MAC ?
Just to understand if the MQA problem is BAR related or iPhone related.

Feb 10, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #820 of 1,190
Currently I use FW 2.2a with no issue, either with
Tidal app nor with Mconnect app, both with iPhone.

Do you have a way to test the BAR connected with PC/MAC ?
Just to understand if the MQA problem is BAR related or iPhone related.
I have a MacBook and I tried using Tidal and got the blue MQA light to turn on for the MQA Studio. The green MQA won’t turn on for other tracks.
I updated my friend’s Go Bar Gold at the same time and his won’t display Magenta MQA on his iPhone now also…
I tried to reinstall the FW 2.2 again on my MacBook with the same result….

I opened a ticket with support… so hopefully I will get some sort of feedback

Feb 10, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #821 of 1,190
I have a MacBook and I tried using Tidal and got the blue MQA light to turn on for the MQA Studio. The green MQA won’t turn on for other tracks.
I updated my friend’s Go Bar Gold at the same time and his won’t display Magenta MQA on his iPhone now also…
I tried to reinstall the FW 2.2 again on my MacBook with the same result….

I opened a ticket with support… so hopefully I will get some sort of feedback

blue or green MQA led depends on tracks played,
but if blue led works, I suppose that MQA engine
works.

have you tried to use the apple camera kit with
lightning power supply ?
i.e. put in charge the iPhone through camera kit,
prior to connect the BAR, and test if the MQA led
works properly ?

Feb 10, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #822 of 1,190
very strange
Have 2.2a on Gold Bar using the stock IFI lightning cable and none of these issues

Feb 10, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #823 of 1,190
blue or green MQA led depends on tracks played,
but if blue led works, I suppose that MQA engine
works.

have you tried to use the apple camera kit with
lightning power supply ?
i.e. put in charge the iPhone through camera kit,
prior to connect the BAR, and test if the MQA led
works properly ?
I’ll try to find a camera kit next week at the office, the led itself should work as the digital filter lets me test the actual led light.

But waiting on CS and hopefully solve the issue.
Appreciate the tips.

Feb 10, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #824 of 1,190
very strange
Have 2.2a on Gold Bar using the stock IFI lightning cable and none of these issues

Believe it or not, I've never been able to get the GOLD-BAR to work directly connected to the iPhone with the stock IFI cable.
I always had to use the camera kit.
No problem with Android.
Furthermore the GOLD-BAR seems to work perfectly.

Feb 10, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #825 of 1,190
I’ll try to find a camera kit next week at the office, the led itself should work as the digital filter lets me test the actual led light.

But waiting on CS and hopefully solve the issue.
Appreciate the tips.

I believe that the GOLD-BAR is a device with critical power requirements, at the limit of the power possibilities that the iPhone can provide from its lightning port, so it may malfunction if not powered enough.
This is my hypothesis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back