iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Jul 11, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #452 of 1,190
wow just upgraded the usb cable. gold bar performs even better. with the ifi cable comes with it already better than n8ii. now even better. sounds so pure.
20220711_201209.jpg

Jul 11, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #454 of 1,190
wow just upgraded the usb cable. gold bar performs even better. with the ifi cable comes with it already better than n8ii. now even better. sounds so pure.
20220711_201209.jpg

Thanks! Enjoy!

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #460 of 1,190
Jul 14, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #463 of 1,190
I just got my iFi Go Bar the other day and it sounds amazing. I just have the problem that if I use the thing on my iPhone, the connection just randomly drops after anywhere between 2 to 30 minutes of listening.

When I am using the included Lightning cable or the FiiO LT-LT1 I had lying around, when the connection drops, the phone continues music playback and still recognises the Go Bar that is plugged in, there is just no sound. I get the sound back if I reconnect the device or select another song on Apple Music that has a different samplerate (i.e. going from 44.1kHz to 96kHz).

When I am using the included USB C to USB A Cable with the Apple Camera Connection Kit, it exhibits the same behaviour, just whenever the connection drops, I get the popup that the accessory draws too much power. When using this connection method I sometimes get that message when I plug the device in which is usually fixed by reconnecting it.

Could this be related to the issues others reported that are caused by some capacitance tolerances on some of the caps?

Jul 14, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #464 of 1,190
Hi, long time lurker here. Im hoping to get into your world at some level. I thought about buying a dap but decided against it. Always have to carry two phones with me (for work), so I can’t imagine a dap as well.

So I was looking at portable dac’s. I narrowed it down to lotoo paw s2 and Ifi go bar (not the gold one). The s2 is marginally cheaper here (India).

Now my fear with both is, looking at the comments here, they have issues with iPhones. I have 13 pro max as a daily driver and 12 mini for work/backup. This kinda has me freaking out. We also have dragonfly cobalt/red here, ru6, the other ifi products, fiio q3, moonriver etc. I’m a bit lost in this world, I heard some flac from a friend , and I was just blown away.

I’m also looking for IEM’s, and I’m sorry, I do struggle a bit to identify what IEM can be driven by what dac on my iPhone 13 pro max.
So far I’ve shortlisted 3, fiio fa9, mext mk2, ca andromeda.
If someone could help me make a choice, that would help a lot.
I’ll be reposting this on the s2 thread, I hope it’s not breaking any rules , if it is, please do remove the duplicate one.

Jul 15, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #465 of 1,190
Now my fear with both is, looking at the comments here, they have issues with iPhones. I have 13 pro max as a daily driver and 12 mini for work/backup.

It is really unfortunate as well as mysterious for iPhone 13 and probably 12 too, Don't own any of those but I tested with iPhone SE (2020) and Go Bar works fine without any problem. Even connect with Hiby R2 a tiny DAP with a tiny battery and Go Bar works like charm.

IMHO, PAW S2 is not worth it in front of Go Bar if you look at the power figure, features, and the Price difference @ HPZ India.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back