iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Jun 13, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #260 of 1,190
Hey Friends,

I went through this thread and, unless overlooked, have not found references to this yet... Has anyone with the iFi Go Bar is experientially familiar with the Lotoo Paw S2 and can share impressions of how they compare in SOUND QUALITY [EDIT: and BATTERY POWER CONSUMPTION (under similar listening volume)]?

(I assume that S2 is the best out there when it comes to features, given its unparalleled complete playback controls, and that it and all others are inferior to the Go Bar when it comes to power output)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #262 of 1,190
IMG20220613155032.jpg

I must admit that this one is though than I thought of it. Both are really really impressive

Just updated the gobar fw, I'll take a walk with it. But my first impressions: sooooo clean!

Red filter has my heart right now, sound it's super super clean, love the space in between instruments. Mids are something on this little pocket rocket 🚀

M15 though... It's just behind it. Seriously need some time with em, but both of em are amazing

Wanna thank Bloom audio (I didn't find their @) for the kit Kat, such a nice gesture, after 2 weeks, my package crossed the border. It came right on time to my proxy but he had a bit more work that he thought and stayed a bit longer. Excellent service from your side guys.

I'm really impressed with both dongles, both show amazing qualities

Jun 13, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #263 of 1,190
IMG20220613155032.jpg
I must admit that this one is though than I thought of it. Both are really really impressive

Just updated the gobar fw, I'll take a walk with it. But my first impressions: sooooo clean!

Red filter has my heart right now, sound it's super super clean, love the space in between instruments. Mids are something on this little pocket rocket 🚀

M15 though... It's just behind it. Seriously need some time with em, but both of em are amazing

Wanna thank Bloom audio (I didn't find their @) for the kit Kat, such a nice gesture, after 2 weeks, my package crossed the border. It came right on time to my proxy but he had a bit more work that he thought and stayed a bit longer. Excellent service from your side guys.

So the Go Bar is just behind the M15, or vice versa? Looking forward to your full impressions after you've had time to demo both.

Jun 13, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #264 of 1,190
the M15, or vice versa? Looking forward to your full impressions after you've had time to demo both

That sentence reads as if GO Bar was ahead, but... I'll politely wait for further impressions :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 13, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #265 of 1,190
Today I used the 4,4mm balanced socket with my FOCAL clear mg on the Go Bar. Sound's not really different to me. Balanced sounds a small bit more left/right separated to me, but could be a margin of "psychoacoustics", I might try to change cable often in the coming days to get a more solid impression.

Overall I'm still very impressed with the performance of this thing. Now we have an updater for Mac too, so no need to use windows for Firmware updates. Remember to set back the synchronization for volume between you're device and GoBar (Hold the special button more then 8 seconds, then you are synchronized again). The printed sheet doesn't include this procedure but the downloadable includes it.

Jun 13, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #266 of 1,190
This afternoon I had the time and the opportunity to try out for GO Bar 10 and compare it to the Mojo 2, and the Zen Signature V2. These are all 3 very good units and of course they all differ in sound signature. My main source is my Thorens TD-1500 turntable with an Ortofon SPU Classic cartridge. I dig this one! It has a very mature and stress free sound. Brass instruments sound more realistic than with any other cartridge I have ever tried.

When I listened to the GO Bar 10, it immediately felt like home, like the fantastic Ortofon so to say.

It’s fluid, organic, and very realistic and natural sounding. It doesn’t shout at you, and there are no nasty edges. For me, it’s fantastic! Then I switched to the Mojo 2. The Mojo 2 gives the impression of being a tad more detailed, with a grain of sizzling high frequencies, and the impression of being a bit more lively perhaps. When going back to the GO Bar 10, I could not detect that suddenly something was missing. It was not less detailed at all, it just was even more civilised. The sound of the GO Bar 10 impressed me a lot. I had it connected to my amplifier, volume full open, +6dB. Then the ZEN. A very good DAC too, and an incredible bargain at half the price of the Mojo 2 (apples and oranges, I know). Made ZEN is made for home use of course, and with a €20 Pi Zero,it makes an incredibly good combination.

If I had to pick one, it would be small with only 3 buttons :wink:

Today I used the 4,4mm balanced socket with my FOCAL clear mg on the Go Bar. Sound's not really different to me. Balanced sounds a small bit more left/right separated to me, but could be a margin of "psychoacoustics", I might try to change cable often in the coming days to get a more solid impression.

Overall I'm still very impressed with the performance of this thing. Now we have an updater for Mac too, so no need to use windows for Firmware updates. Remember to set back the synchronization for volume between you're device and GoBar (Hold the special button more then 8 seconds, then you are synchronized again). The printed sheet doesn't include this procedure but the downloadable includes it.

Thanks so much, all! Appreciate the love and I'm glad you all are loving your units! Look forward to more of your feedback and your reviews if it's something you decide to do!

Jun 14, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #267 of 1,190
Waiting patiently for that gold bar...hopefully we'll see it in Asia this month? The go bar is already here.

Jun 14, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #270 of 1,190
Got my GO bar for it's announced very exciting features, especially for the "bit perfect" filter and full range of DSD rates: 2.8/3.1/5.6/6.1/11.3/12.3MHz

I can't get GO bar to play DSD 3.1/6.1/12.3MHz rates both on Windows and Linux systems. Playing any of these GO bar shows 44,1/48 led light and produce no sound. This is the same in combination with any of 4 internal iFi Go Bar filters. iFi ASIO driver in Windows 10 shows the correct source/playback frequencies at 48 base DSD, that is 6144000MHz for DSD128x48 and 12288000MHz for DSDx256x48

- Anyone tried 48 base DSD rates yet ?

- @iFi audio, any suggestion how to enable these ?

PS: latest firmware installed. latest iFi ASIO drivers for Win10 installed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back