iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
May 21, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #47 of 1,190
I’m bummed I don’t see Bluetooth but this is best you can do dongle wise IMO that has all the great hardware based iFfy features. This seems like a good replacement for the hip DAC or for those who are hardcore wired people.

That would be an IFI Go Blu, no? It would not make any sense to add Bluetooth...

About the general dongle discussion: I think that they are extremely convenient, I am very happy with the Hidisz S9 pro. I won't probably change for the ifi, because it is difficult to justify the price, but the Xbass, Xspace, IEMatch, having physical buttons... All of those are really nice features for a dongle.

May 21, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #48 of 1,190
Bought two of these today (one for a friend and one for me)

This will be my first iFi product so I’m pretty excited!

7527EE07-7886-44B0-8308-3B72A4C00EAD.jpeg

May 21, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #49 of 1,190
May 21, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #51 of 1,190
I use iematch on gryphon, i dun like what I heard, there is a different in sound quality with iematch turn on.

I sold it off.
Depending on the source, when you are dealing with sensitive iems prone to hissing, the difference will be either a wall of hissing noise or enjoying your music. Otherwise, it's an overkill to use a switch which could interfere with crossover design of your iems that don't hiss to begin with.

May 21, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #52 of 1,190
May 21, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #53 of 1,190
That would be an IFI Go Blu, no? It would not make any sense to add Bluetooth...

About the general dongle discussion: I think that they are extremely convenient, I am very happy with the Hidisz S9 pro. I won't probably change for the ifi, because it is difficult to justify the price, but the Xbass, Xspace, IEMatch, having physical buttons... All of those are really nice features for a dongle.
Yes, it would be an iFi Go blu but it would be nice to see the next product up the food chain with Bluetooth as well. The obvious downsides would be more weight due to an internal battery. So this works out well trade off wise.

May 21, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #55 of 1,190
Wow, iFi's prices have become more and more shameless since the departure of Thorston.
His departure is also the reason for the mess they've made of the dozens of Zen products they keep releasing.

May 21, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #58 of 1,190
Not for how big the Gryphon is. The GO series seems to be set around portability first. I look forward to checking out the GO bar regardless.
You mentioned something higher up the food chain than iFi Go Blu, hence my mention of the iFi Gryphon.

For your consideration, the upcoming FiiO BTR7 may be of interest to you, it seems to be aimed to compete with the iFi Go Blu.

May 21, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #60 of 1,190
Not the same specs on ifis site:

Balanced
UnBAL
475mW@32Ω;
300mW@32Ω;
And power in 300/250ohm

I'll confirm this for you when the rest of the team is back from Munich next week!

Can an IFI representative comment on our concern about the power draw from a mobile device?
“Battery drain on my phone felt pretty negligible, even when using the GO bar in “turbo” mode - I experienced about an 8-9% reduction in battery capacity after about an hour of playback, which isn’t much more than general screen-on usage.”

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/blog...-ultraportable-dac-headphone-amplifier-review

This statement is pretty on par with our internal testing. It is not much different than your standard usage with your screen on.

Is good to see the dongle industry going at high speed forward.

Indeed it is!

Will be very glad to buy if the 4.4 does not hiss with campfire.

As far as I've tested with my Campfire stuff, it isn't too noticeable. DD stuff is better than BA stuff in my experience in terms of lack of hiss from the IEM.

Depending on the source, when you are dealing with sensitive iems prone to hissing, the difference will be either a wall of hissing noise or enjoying your music. Otherwise, it's an overkill to use a switch which could interfere with crossover design of your iems that don't hiss to begin with.

Alex is correct here - something very important to keep in mind as well!

Tomorrow I will try to listen to a few songs with the FiiO FA7S that I have with me.

Enjoy! Look forward to your intiial impressions here after you get some time with it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back