If you were to buy a player today, what would it be?
Nov 13, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by DervishD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sansa Clip+ for me, no doubt. Excellent SQ, small size, plays FLAC and Ogg, supports UTF-8 tags and supports microSD cards.

The only drawback I see, right now, is that the price of 16GB and 32GB microSD cards is still high, otherwise I would use a Sansa Clip+ as my only source.

16GB cards aren't that expensive if you know where to look. I got mine for about $50 from Newegg. Not sure about outside the US though. Also, I don't think there's any 32GB micro SD cards out yet.

Nov 13, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #18 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16GB cards aren't that expensive if you know where to look. I got mine for about $50 from Newegg. Not sure about outside the US though. Also, I don't think there's any 32GB micro SD cards out yet.

That's still very expensive for me (it's only a bit less than the player itself), and I would need at least two to fit my music collection even coded in Ogg -q5. I think there are 32GB microSD cards, or at least I remember having seen them so I may be wrong.

I'll wait until cards are a bit cheaper to buy the Clip+. I'm very happy with my Clip "classic" now, even though I have to "refill" it from time to time (I made a small program that picks a random selection of songs and fills the Clip with them, so it's not a great deal).

Anyway, does Newegg ship to Spain?

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #19 of 44
Cowon D2+

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #20 of 44
JVC Alneo V80
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #21 of 44
2009 160gb ipod classic or 5.5g 80gb ipod video. i need the space, ease of use, great interface, reasonable price, portability, native lossless support, decent headphone-out, great line-out for amping (for critical bedside listening).

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #23 of 44
The iphone 3gs 32gb has become my defacto player. I like having a single device that pretty much does it all. I also like apps such as Slacker radio when I get bored of my collection. Plus I can Orb into my home library, and also access XM radio (the app is a bit flakey though).

My only beef is that the iphone does not have FM (nice to access the channels in the gym). So I keep a Sansa in the gym bag for that purpose. The Sansa is nice for exercise, and does play WMA. So it has its place.

Ipod sound went through a dip for a while, now Apple is back on game in my opinion.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #26 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by DervishD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regarding SQ, it is the best player I've heard, just behind my old X5, but I haven't heard a great deal of portable players: some iPod's, Cowon X5 and D2, some el-cheapo players, Creative Zen Stone (and maybe another couple of Creative models, I don't remember which ones), Sansa Fuze and Sansa View, and a Samsung model (I don't remember which one).

Of course SQ is a very subjective matter, and I haven't done any scientific test, but in my humble opinion my clip sounds much like the Cowon D2. I have the feeling that my old X5 sounded better, but I don't have any proof
wink.gif

In my *opinion*, the Sansa beats all the other ones I've tested because it sounds great and is very cheap. I'm sure that there are lots of better players out there, but not many for 8GB @ 50-60 euros sounding that great.

Are you also saying the SQ of the Clip is beter than the Fuze ? I have never heard a clip to be honest but I do have a 16GB Black Fuze and love it.

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #27 of 44
Cowon D2+ for me.

My present favorite is the D2. I have 3 Sansa Clips and a Creative Zen Vision:M. The SQ on the Cowon, Sansa and Creative are all top notch, IMHO, but the Cowon (to me) knocks my socks off while the other units are just very enjoyable.

Now, I must admit my D2 has been sent back to the factory twice. Once, a couple weeks after I received the unit, the headphone jack kept shorting out. Almost a year later, the unit bricked on me..... no power, no connection, nothing. Sent it back and received a new unit from Cowon USA. Took two months though.... glad I had my clips and Vision:M for backup... LOL
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A 16GB iPod nano.
Simply because I like the small form factor and do not need higher storage capacity. My 1G iPod nano is into it 5th year, so it is about time I replace it...

I've got to agree on the above, I've recently been given a new 4th gen 8gb iPod - I'm surprised by how good it actually sounds, as a result my 8gb Clip has now been retired.

The small form factor, great user interface, good sound & excellent build quality have made me think twice before slating anything Apple again.

If you'd asked me a month ago I'd given the Clip my vote, and dismissed anything iPod.

320kbs EAC / Lame ripped MP3's sound great, I simply just use iTunes to tranfer the tracks to the Nano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back