If you thought some headphones were big...
Nov 9, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #16 of 50
Meh - I have shooting muffs that are bigger than that. Sucks with a rifle though...

Anyway I find that they make my head sweat somethin' aweful. ER4ps and some music for me, though again, not with a rifle.

GAD

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why people think therapy is such an "out there" answer. You're suggesting that it's better to wear cumbersome PPE in your own home is a better solution than seeing a therapist and learning to deal with/accept the noises?
confused.gif

Are you really serious? Are you suggesting pay someone to deal with an unacceptable conduct, to get therapy to deal with noise from people with no education, slamming doors....gimme a break, what will be next, a therapy to deal with rapists, drunks, junkies...??? A non civil conduct only can be treated by the use of legal enforcement, why using a therapy to accept it, that is ridiculous, I rather get door stops for all of the neighbors...
wink.gif

Nah seriously I live in an apt, one thing that helps a lot is to place proper isolation on the entrance door of the apt, rubber isolation all around the door, and below the door, that helps a lot with the external noise....

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #18 of 50
Wow...there's no way I could sleep with those things on.
eek.gif
Have you considered moving to an apartment on the top floor and on a corner of the building? You should also check into a white noise generator or a really cheap fix...leaving your TV on (use the sleep timer to turn off after 2 or 3 hours).

Nov 9, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #20 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you really serious? Are you suggesting pay someone to deal with an unacceptable conduct, to get therapy to deal with noise from people with no education, slamming doors....gimme a break, what will be next, a therapy to deal with rapists, drunks, junkies...??? A non civil conduct only can be treated by the use of legal enforcement, why using a therapy to accept it, that is ridiculous, I rather get door stops for all of the neighbors...
wink.gif

Nah seriously I live in an apt, one thing that helps a lot is to place proper isolation on the entrance door of the apt, rubber isolation all around the door, and below the door, that helps a lot with the external noise....

yes I am really serious. If footsteps and closing doors drive you crazy enough to wear industrial standard PPE then there is something wrong with you. Comparing apartment noise to rape and druggies is a bit off.. By the sounds of it "footsteps" isn't exactly unacceptable conduct from someone with no education. Do you expect the people above you to glide around in their rooms?

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:59 AM Post #21 of 50
They sure are big.
But so are the Stax 4070...
tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #22 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure they still won't block vibrations from a BIG subwoofer a hostile neighbour would attempt on you.
very_evil_smiley.gif

The only solution would be to sit on some expensive isolation platform yourself
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #23 of 50
As much as I b!tch about my neighbors, they are for the most part fairly quiet at night and almost no noise at all during the day.

Of course, the HOA has strict noise rules.

I had to give up on being able to enjoy my home theater and subwoofer, but it's well worth the peace and quiet otherwise. Another plus for headphones.

-Ed

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #24 of 50
I think pne needs therapy.

Nov 9, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

yes I am really serious. If footsteps and closing doors drive you crazy enough to wear industrial standard PPE then there is something wrong with you. Comparing apartment noise to rape and druggies is a bit off.. By the sounds of it "footsteps" isn't exactly unacceptable conduct from someone with no education. Do you expect the people above you to glide around in their rooms?

Foot steps and closing doors!!! Now you seem to be diminishing the facts, have you ever live in a building...because I do? For sure they are running up and down, and slamming doors, I know how this things are, I live in a building as well...that was a way of saying things for him, but I know what he is talking about, do you really believe that a normal way of walking and a close of a door in a decent way could be heard in the next apt? Who designed that building? I'm sure that if he heard those things, is becasuse they are loud enough to bother everybody...And the funny thing is that if you complain you are the bitch, even while they bother everybody, and everybody is suffereing from the same problem, but nobody say ever a **** about that, this is the way those communities work...

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think pne needs therapy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Foot steps and closing doors!!! Now you seem to be diminishing the facts, have you ever live in a building...because I do? For sure they are running up and down, and slamming doors, I know how this things are, I live in a building as well...that was a way of saying things for him, but I know what he is talking about, do you really believe that a normal way of walking and a close of a door in a decent way could be heard in the next apt? Who designed that building? I'm sure that if he heard those things, is becasuse they are loud enough to bother everybody...And the funny thing is that if you complain you are the bitch, even while they bother everybody, and everybody is suffereing from the same problem, but nobody say ever a **** about that, this is the way those communities work...

You know what, you guys are right. It's perfectly normal to wear the same kind of earmuffs that workers use in industrial plants as PPE in your own home. what was I thinking. I guess I really am nuts.

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

You know what, you guys are right. It's perfectly normal to wear the same kind of earmuffs that workers use in industrial plants as PPE in your own home. what was I thinking. I guess I really am nuts.

My reasoning for saying that is based on your general attitude on this safe and removed online community. It gives me the impression you don't have the control you desire in real life.

Just my opinion.
blink.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #28 of 50
Quote:

I didn't say that it is normal to wear thos huge earmuffs home, of course not, and to me it is a more like a joke, but that is completelly different as to accept that situation as normal, and even get therapy to accept it....gimme a break!!!!

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #29 of 50
Quote:

confused.gif

*Baffled*

There's a gap in understanding somewhere. Let's see if we can find it
wink.gif

You're saying, anyone who has a problem with noisy neighbours has "something wrong with" them?

Why is it unreasonable to be irritated by slamming doors and heavy footsteps?

EK

Nov 9, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #30 of 50
I think it'll be quite a statement to put these on while someone you want to ignore or shutup starts talking
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back