If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Feb 15, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #947 of 19,254
Quote:
Got a link to the Shures.....I would need a large.

I get mine from an ebayer. Got mine just today, the shipping is cheap but takes a good 10-15 days.
Have a look for yourself. I might try the olive next time.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/audioequipstore/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #948 of 19,254
Quote:
I bought some triple flange from Amazon, but noticed there just not like the originals, quality was not as good.

Why not just buy some from Ety's website? Quite a lot of different types available http://www.etymotic.com/sd2013/index.html?utm_source=etymotic&utm_medium=flash_box&utm_term=SweetSave_2013&utm_content=SweetSave_2013&utm_campaign=SweetSave_2013

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #949 of 19,254
Quote:
Why not just buy some from Ety's website? Quite a lot of different types available http://www.etymotic.com/sd2013/index.html?utm_source=etymotic&utm_medium=flash_box&utm_term=SweetSave_2013&utm_content=SweetSave_2013&utm_campaign=SweetSave_2013

Why? Because it turns out about 60 AUD to buy them, that is why! 
the onyl other shop which sells it is a shop in perth which just stocks the worst ety tips there is on earth! I bought it and never used it, just horrible quality. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #951 of 19,254
Why oh Why do Ety do that? Charge so much for us Aussies?  Futuresonics and Klipsch look interesting.
Are the Shure  foamies any different to the ones you get in the box from Ety? I didnt really like those.....AAAAHHHH my favs are the triples...

And whats with all the different colored filters? I got the Green in my case. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #952 of 19,254
Quote:
Why oh Why do Ety do that? Charge so much for us Aussies?  Futuresonics and Klipsch look interesting.
Are the Shure  foamies any different to the ones you get in the box from Ety? I didnt really like those.....AAAAHHHH my favs are the triples...

And whats with all the different colored filters? I got the Green in my case. 

Oops, I didn't know that it was that expensive for Aussies *facepalm* 

Those filters with different colors supposedly give different sound signature for your ER4s. I read somewhere that the reds give em more bass. Dunno about the others. It's sorta like Phonak filters, only difference being that once you remove them you can't use em anymore since you're gonna destroy your Ety filters when removing them.

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #953 of 19,254
Quote:
There are 2 companies that make double-flange tips that will fit Etys.

Futuresonic: 3 pairs for $12 small, medium and large

Klipsch: 4 pairs for $13.99 small and large

Terrible. While the tips from Futuresonic costs USD12, the cheapest shipping option to Singapore costs USD73. Terrible indeed.

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #954 of 19,254
I think I have some extra unused future sonic biflanges. While I can't imagine those being good with the Ety, due to a larger bore than typical Ety tips, I'd be happy to sell and ship some cheaply to you international guys to try out. Just PM me and I'll need to confirm how many and the sizes I have available.

For what it's worth, I'd think the klipsch tips would be better suited. I used those when I had the er6.

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #955 of 19,254
Quote:
I think I have some extra unused future sonic biflanges. While I can't imagine those being good with the Ety, due to a larger bore than typical Ety tips, I'd be happy to sell and ship some cheaply to you international guys to try out. Just PM me and I'll need to confirm how many and the sizes I have available.

For what it's worth, I'd think the klipsch tips would be better suited. I used those when I had the er6.

I've got both and prefer the FS tips to the Klipsch tips (with the Etys, yes). But then, all of the Klipsch tips are too small for my ear canals, so I never got a proper seal. 
size]

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #956 of 19,254
I've got both and prefer the FS tips to the Klipsch tips (with the Etys, yes). But then, all of the Klipsch tips are too small for my ear canals, so I never got a proper seal. 
size]

How's the size of the fs double flange vs the klipsch or stock ety? I'm wondering if I should get medium or large.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #957 of 19,254
I just had Sensaphonic custom molds made and got an Arrow 4G.

With the bass at plus 2, the Ety's have never sounded better.

Can I ask a dumb question?

There's lots of talk here about Olives, foamies, etc... Why wouldn't you pay once for customs and be done with it?

I only wish I'd done it sooner...

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #958 of 19,254
Quote:
I just had Sensaphonic custom molds made and got an Arrow 4G.

With the bass at plus 2, the Ety's have never sounded better.

Can I ask a dumb question?

There's lots of talk here about Olives, foamies, etc... Why wouldn't you pay once for customs and be done with it?

I only wish I'd done it sooner...

Customs will be great if you a)you want to keep this forever and b)this is your only IEM and you will be using it on daily basis.
Most folks in here have more than one IEM, which means they do not use the ER4S as often as they should be use and hence spending such kind of cash on just custom tips might be not a wise thing to do.

I love to get mine custom in near future, it is just hard to find time and an audiologist near by (at least for my case). Also arrow 4G really pairs nicely with your 4G.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #959 of 19,254
Quote:
Why? Because it turns out about 60 AUD to buy them, that is why! 
the onyl other shop which sells it is a shop in perth which just stocks the worst ety tips there is on earth! I bought it and never used it, just horrible quality. 

Etymotic is just a bit odd with the shipping. If your order is less than $50 they'll ship it by USPS for $2 instead and refund the difference.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #960 of 19,254
Quote:
Etymotic is just a bit odd with the shipping. If your order is less than $50 they'll ship it by USPS for $2 instead and refund the difference.

Never knew that, do they give the old style quality ear tips or the one heaphonic stock? I bought mine from headphonics and they were just bad! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back