If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Dec 14, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #19,126 of 19,249
Thanks - I'll look into both of these.

Wouldn't mind audiologist visit though. Never been before and am now at the age where it's worth getting everything checked (big Four-oh)

I have also just played around with Comply P tips, small and medium. Then trimmed the tip of the medium down, without trimming the red bore. This seems to be the right tip for me for etys. Small was slightly too small. (Stock foams dont work for me, small is far too small and medium creates too much pressure).

I'll try the trimmed Comply P medium and see how I get on. If that turns out to be the one, I can then move on to filter swapping.

But just a note on the trimmed medium Comply P, I feel like I'm getting a fuller bass response than I did with thr medium dual flange silicone (on the ER4XR). That surprised me.
I think that now you're just getting a good seal.

I couldn't quite get a good seal with the silicone tips - a combination of anatomically just a little off while also not protective enough from the hardness of the nozzle, which made them uncomfortable to boot.
The Comply P-Series sorted it out for me, especially for ER2, ER3 or ER4.
There are also clones of the yellow foarm Shure ear tips by Rhinenet which work well for me with the Ety Kids and MK5 Isolator, though not as well with any of the ER series.

Dec 14, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #19,128 of 19,249
Guys. From your experience, which of the Etymotic official eartips are the best for you and why?

There seems to be three types that comes with the earphones: The small frosted ones, the clear Large and the even clearer (translucent) and super softer (both Large and Small). Also there are the Grey Large ones but those must to be purchased separately.
I think I get the best sound with the double flange tips, and they are on sale on Amazon right now.

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #19,129 of 19,249
Final e tips with the adapter have worked out best for me.
Do you need to down the size by 1 level compared to other normal earphones?

Dec 15, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #19,132 of 19,249
I had considered trying the Final E but decided to go with the Shure EASFX1, and I am quite please with their fit improvement compared to the Ety OEM triple flange fit and their audio sound handling.
Are they still a deep fit? And how do they alter the sound. I’m having channel imbalance issues on my ER4SR that I think are happening because of tips. I’ve already tried swapping filters and switching between left and right. But I end up with less treble on my left side with my ER4SR only.

Dec 15, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #19,133 of 19,249
Are they still a deep fit? And how do they alter the sound. I’m having channel imbalance issues on my ER4SR that I think are happening because of tips. I’ve already tried swapping filters and switching between left and right. But I end up with less treble on my left side with my ER4SR only.
Being single flange they only go 2/5 as deep compared to Ety triple flange tips, but their seal is better. The sound to me seems slightly more "full-body".

Attachments

• 20231215_130005.jpg
    20231215_130005.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #19,134 of 19,249
Guys. From your experience, which of the Etymotic official eartips are the best for you and why?

There seems to be three types that comes with the earphones: The small frosted ones, the clear Large and the even clearer (translucent) and super softer (both Large and Small). Also there are the Grey Large ones but those must to be purchased separately.

the best for me is the gray clear one that come pre-installed with the drivers, for more comfort I use OEM smaller size

Dec 23, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #19,136 of 19,249
Guys, what's your ety inserted position ? I can only get a seal with this position but it takes time to insert like this which is annoying. Do you have any tips how to insert?

Attachments

• photo_2023-12-23_19-23-07.jpg
    photo_2023-12-23_19-23-07.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 25, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #19,137 of 19,249
Guys, what's your ety inserted position ? I can only get a seal with this position but it takes time to insert like this which is annoying. Do you have any tips how to insert?
I use a little Vaseline. It makes the surface of the eartips slippery which helps to expel air when we put them in the ear.
Then choose the eartip size that is most comfortable. Ety provides a lot of eartips, right?

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #19,140 of 19,249
@EtyDave Happy holidays, I hope all is doing well. I wanted to ask something so time ago and Idk if you can answer this but, based on the XRs, EVO and ERX, the target for reference is different compared the S/SR models so I want to know how exactly Etymotic decided to use that bass shelf and that downslope on treble? Any research based on the same studies like the Original S/SR models?
1703543156575.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back