If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jan 25, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #10,277 of 19,251
I've sent him a pm. Definitely the preferred move. Thanks, as always, Dave. You guys are true gentlemen.

Happy to help, Happytalk. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #10,278 of 19,251
Recently traded in my ER4P's for ER4XR's. Initially they were too bassy as I was used to the 4P but over time, I think my ears have adjusted and it now sounds better. Sub-bass definitely seems accentuated which is appreciated for certain types of music. All in all, I think it was a fair purchase though the $350 is relatively steep. 

Unfortunately, I've only had these phones for less than two months and I'm already having cable issues. When there's any type of tug on the cable, I can hear the left channel cut in and out intermittently. Did some feeling around the cables to see where it was occuring and it seems to be the location where the cable goes from one line and splits into two channels (the "Y"). Any slight pull at the bottom of the Y leads to intermittent sounds. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? I went almost 2 weeks without headphones when I traded in my ER4P's for the coupon code to get the discounted XR's and don't want to go through that again!

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #10,279 of 19,251
  Recently traded in my ER4P's for ER4XR's. Initially they were too bassy as I was used to the 4P but over time, I think my ears have adjusted and it now sounds better. Sub-bass definitely seems accentuated which is appreciated for certain types of music. All in all, I think it was a fair purchase though the $350 is relatively steep. 

Unfortunately, I've only had these phones for less than two months and I'm already having cable issues. When there's any type of tug on the cable, I can hear the left channel cut in and out intermittently. Did some feeling around the cables to see where it was occuring and it seems to be the location where the cable goes from one line and splits into two channels (the "Y"). Any slight pull at the bottom of the Y leads to intermittent sounds. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? I went almost 2 weeks without headphones when I traded in my ER4P's for the coupon code to get the discounted XR's and don't want to go through that again!

Hey r0wr,

I'd like to see that defective cable so I want to swap it out with a new one.  I've mentioned it to EtyRick and he's going to send you a PM shortly to make arrangements.

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #10,281 of 19,251

Hey r0wr,

I'd like to see that defective cable so I want to swap it out with a new one.  I've mentioned it to EtyRick and he's going to send you a PM shortly to make arrangements.

Hey Dave,

Is Rick in the office today? I emailed him the other day regarding a faulty cable on a ER4-P but I presume he has just been swamped.

No rush, just want to make sure he's at the same email address as before.

Cheers mate

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #10,282 of 19,251

Hey Dave,

Is Rick in the office today? I emailed him the other day regarding a faulty cable on a ER4-P but I presume he has just been swamped.

No rush, just want to make sure he's at the same email address as before.

Cheers mate

Yeah, he just got back from NAMM, so he's in the process of deleting all the excess customer emails. 
biggrin.gif

Kidding of course.  He's just catching up from being gone for a week.  He's a man who wears many hats (and wears them well).

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #10,283 of 19,251

Yeah, he just got back from NAMM, so he's in the process of deleting all the excess customer emails. 
biggrin.gif

Kidding of course.  He's just catching up from being gone for a week.  He's a man who wears many hats (and wears them well).

You're too kind. Crafty: I've got your email in my inbox and I'll answer you shortly. Please forgive the delay, I'm still suffering the after-effects of NAMMthrax. Or is it NAMMnesia?

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #10,284 of 19,251
You're too kind. Crafty: I've got your email in my inbox and I'll answer you shortly. Please forgive the delay, I'm still suffering the after-effects of NAMMthrax. Or is it NAMMnesia?

NAMMtastic :D

I've just received your email and responded. Cheers mate

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #10,285 of 19,251
Does anyone know where I can get hold of mmcx or 2 pin to Etymotic adapters with the resistors built in? I know Awwan used to sell them on Ebay, but he doesn't seem to do it anymore.

I have some ER4Ps with a broken cable and I'd like to use some of the cables I already own to bring them back to life.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #10,286 of 19,251
  Does anyone know where I can get hold of mmcx or 2 pin to Etymotic adapters with the resistors built in? I know Awwan used to sell them on Ebay, but he doesn't seem to do it anymore.

I have some ER4Ps with a broken cable and I'd like to use some of the cables I already own to bring them back to life.

There's an option on Lunashops: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4692

But, I'm not sure if they are a finished product with options for S or B. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #10,287 of 19,251
Jan 29, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #10,288 of 19,251
@EtyDave Is an over ear cable due anytime soon for the SR/XR yet? I can improvise, wearing the drivers angled down in their 'normal' position and looping the cable down and over either the back or front of my ear. It works well but I'm conscious of the amount of bend this introduces to the cable headed into the strain relief....

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #10,289 of 19,251
@EtyDave
Is an over ear cable due anytime soon for the SR/XR yet? I can improvise, wearing the drivers angled down in their 'normal' position and looping the cable down and over either the back or front of my ear. It works well but I'm conscious of the amount of bend this introduces to the cable headed into the strain relief....

Yes an over the ear cable option to buy would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back