If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
May 16, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #4,501 of 19,246

I got all four of mine here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251515463227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The ebay seller seems nice and has good ratings, and my pair was excellent. I'l;l see how the next three sound. :) He just got more in stock.

May 17, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #4,504 of 19,246
I'm kind of nit picking here, but do they no longer come with an airline adapter? I just recieved my ER-4PT earlier fulfilled by Amazon, and I don't see it anywhere.

Not really that big of a deal, but I do want to know if I just missed it somewhere...

May 19, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #4,507 of 19,246

Etymotic will fix out of warranty ER4's for a fee, prices found here. Also recommend the Zero Audio Tenore as an ER4 replacement. It has very similar FR with more bass. They can be had for ~$60 including shipping usually.

Thanks a million gnarlsagan. The right bud has stopped working altogether now. Is it possible to get the earbuds terminated so that i can use a detachable cable with the ERs? I would prefer this over sending back to get the cable redone. OR would i need to find somebody in Ireland to do this work?

May 21, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #4,509 of 19,246
I need help people. The left piece of my ER4 got soaked up in my sweat when I carelessly put them inside my shirt when I was working today. When I wanted to listen to it after I finished my job, only about 10% of sound came out of the left earpiece. I used small, pointy things to clear up the filter and it got to about 40-50% of volume now but not fully recovered. Did I just killed my beloved ER4 or will it return to its best after being left dry for a few days?

May 21, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #4,510 of 19,246
I need help people. The left piece of my ER4 got soaked up in my sweat when I carelessly put them inside my shirt when I was working today. When I wanted to listen to it after I finished my job, only about 10% of sound came out of the left earpiece. I used small, pointy things to clear up the filter and it got to about 40-50% of volume now but not fully recovered. Did I just killed my beloved ER4 or will it return to its best after being left dry for a few days?

Did you try new filters?

May 21, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #4,511 of 19,246

Did you try new filters?

Definitely try new filters. I can't imagine sweat would get through them and damage the driver unless maybe you soaked them in a cup. :p The filter probably dried a bit and the sound got better, but it's probably ruined. I would replace them.

May 22, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #4,513 of 19,246
I switched to new filters today and my beloved ER4 is back to its best. Thank God. Thanks to you guys for reminding me of the filters. I don't know why I didn't thought of doing that. Probably I was to panicked that I could have killed it permanently. I'm still very thankful to this day that I got this for less than half the price when somebody was willing to sell it that cheap. I can never buy it in full price.

May 25, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #4,514 of 19,246

Get a new job. Sounds gross.

May 30, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #4,515 of 19,246
Got the Wagnus amp today and like always I set down and pair all my IEM with the new toy and yes once again ER4S came out as a true winner on treble, it won all the other gears I had. It is because of this darn IEM that I cannot enjoy open sound, the forward vocal of ER4S is so addictive. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back