If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jul 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #4,624 of 19,272
Why does it say ER4P and there is SMD(I'm assuming those are the resistors?) on the path?  Maybe you can commission sombody to make you a cable or take the resistors out.  It shouldn't be difficult.

The resistor is only 7 ohms or something like that.

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #4,625 of 19,272

I don't know why they added 7ohms to the cable.  I wonder what it would do if you take the 7ohms out?  Anyhow I guess the different versions have different impedance value in the cable which adjust the FR.  It's not hard to take the 75ohms out and put in the 7ohms, just take time.  Of course, you need somebody that has worked with wiring and soldered before.

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #4,626 of 19,272

I don't know why they added 7ohms to the cable.  I wonder what it would do if you take the 7ohms out?  Anyhow I guess the different versions have different impedance value in the cable which adjust the FR.  It's not hard to take the 75ohms out and put in the 7ohms, just take time.  Of course, you need somebody that has worked with wiring and soldered before.

This would be very easy. If you're not worried about the middle section being a little "diy" in appearance you could easily make a cable. The hard thing to find is er4 driver adapters that don't suck.

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #4,627 of 19,272

I say, take the out 100ohms or whatever that's in there, and make the wire straight through and lift the bass lightly.  People keep saying raise the bass slightly and this would shut them up.  
biggrin.gif

Anybody every try taking the 7ohms out?  I would think it would lift the bass.

ER4B has the most treble lift and it's a bit complex to implement although can be done.  It's a network of 100ohm resistor and a capacitor to create a high pass filter.  I'm guessing this filter boosts the power output to the certain high frequency range.

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #4,633 of 19,272
Guys I've come back to my beloved ER4S. I don't know what came over me, but I'll never take her lovely consistency and linear benevolence for granted ever again. I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back