If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jul 19, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #18,796 of 19,271
Jul 19, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #18,797 of 19,271
(and readily available to aftermarket cable builders).
Do you have a link for this? I may buy some and pay a shop to make cables for me.

Jul 19, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #18,798 of 19,271
Do you have a link for this? I may buy some and pay a shop to make cables for me.

There are (at least) two different types available. An OEM style bare plug that requires a custom mold. Ive gone that route in the past, but it’s not practical for a one-off.

You probably want the screw type, which is better for DIY’ers or small shops:

https://www.warnertechcare.com/prod...kets/linum-8100040-t2-screw-plug-black-gasket

There are other places to order it, but that was the one I found. There’s a black gasket version and a red gasket version so you can tell left from right.

Jul 19, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #18,799 of 19,271
There are (at least) two different types available. An OEM style bare plug that requires a custom mold. Ive gone that route in the past, but it’s not practical for a one-off.

You probably want the screw type, which is better for DIY’ers or small shops:

https://www.warnertechcare.com/prod...kets/linum-8100040-t2-screw-plug-black-gasket

There are other places to order it, but that was the one I found. There’s a black gasket version and a red gasket version so you can tell left from right.
I took a look at that link. Thanks for sharing it.

How much does a pair cost? I signed up, but it turns out account creation isn’t instantaneous.

Jul 19, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #18,800 of 19,271
I took a look at that link. Thanks for sharing it.

How much does a pair cost? I signed up, but it turns out account creation isn’t instantaneous.

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a retail price on them.

You may want to reach out to Estron directly. There may be more DIY friendly dealers out there than Warnertech, which is much more commercially focused.

Jul 19, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #18,801 of 19,271
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a retail price on them.

You may want to reach out to Estron directly. There may be more DIY friendly dealers out there than Warnertech, which is much more commercially focused.
I will be emailing Estron as well.

That said, I wouldn’t dismiss Warnertech right away. I looked at their shipping policies, and they demand a minimum order of $100 for overseas orders. I dunno about you, but $100 sounds like a fairly low bar, all things considered. Hopefully they’re friendly to small shops; I’d rather order from them because my home country has a higher duty-free limit when ordering from USA compared to other regions.

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #18,803 of 19,271
Jul 20, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #18,804 of 19,271
Jul 25, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #18,808 of 19,271
Yeah, I completely understand. Short stems are a complete no-go on the ER20XS. I'll try and get clarity on this today.

Hi @EtyDave - did you manage to find an answer to the missing long stem triflange tips? Will they ever be back in stock again? :xf_cool:

Jul 25, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #18,809 of 19,271
WARNING to anyone buying adapters. You want an adapter made specifically for the new ER series. It needs to have the little safety stud that prevents it from pivoting. Without it, all you have is an MMCX-to-MMCX adapter, which (1) may not fit well and (2) may erode your ER connector via constant rubbing. I'd always wondered why MMCX was so villified by some people, but it didn't take me long owning MMCX earphones and connectors to find out: MMCX was never made to withstand the constant rubbing that comes from pivoting connectors or from frequent connector insertion/removal.

I've recently bought (and not yet received) a pair of ER-to-MMCX connectors, which I'll pair with a regular pair of MMCX-to-MMCX connectors to try to make something more comfortable for over-ear wear. My latest attempt, using silicone guides, didn't pan out, because the cables too easly slide inside the guides.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back