If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Sep 8, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #15,451 of 19,251
Hey folks, so I have a pair of ER4-PT's that the left side cuts out due to issues with the cable (as I've read many others have had happen over the years). Do you guys know of any reputable source that still sells adapters or cables for these? Any links would be appreciated. Grazie Mille!

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #15,452 of 19,251
Hey folks, so I have a pair of ER4-PT's that the left side cuts out due to issues with the cable (as I've read many others have had happen over the years). Do you guys know of any reputable source that still sells adapters or cables for these? Any links would be appreciated. Grazie Mille!
I have one from Lunashops that is just great. I don't see exactly mine in their store any more, but this looks like the nearest equivalent: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=6970

On mine the 3.5mm plug is molded in, but in the above model you buy the plug separately. They offer a range of plug sizes, and they're swappable, so for some use cases that's arguably a helpful upgrade.

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #15,455 of 19,251
Here's a good video to evaluate bass:

I still have both the ER4 XR and SR. Listening to the video, I prefer the SR.

I always found the mid-bass on the XR too much. Why I sold the XR and kept SR (and still have it).

Sep 12, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #15,456 of 19,251
Anyone here using the official dual flange from Etymotic. I recently got the ER2XR and imho only the triple flange gives the best/accurate frequency response (if you got the deep seal right) which is not possible with other tips like foamies. But triple flanges are not that comfortable for long listening sessions and during workouts.

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #15,458 of 19,251
On my er4xr I find the dual flange and foam both give me closer to my preferred sound vs the triple flange. I can get along comfort wise with the triple flange, and I try the triple flange again and again to check, but end up going back to foam or dual flange.

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #15,459 of 19,251
Alright I ordered the Spinfit CP800 since those seems to be compatible with 4XR which means there should not be any problem with my 2XR.

I will update here once these arrives with sound impressions.

Sep 12, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #15,460 of 19,251
I switched from triple flange to double flange for the er3se. Much more comfortable and sound great. They smoothed out some upper harsh bite without loosing detail. Mids are clear and bass is excellent. I will not go back to the triple flange.
I wish they included a pair of the dual flange tips. My ER2XR didn't come with any usable tips for me.

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #15,461 of 19,251
From the article on response accuracy on Etymotic.com:

"Other in-the-ear earphone manufacturers do not report accuracy scores, but Etymotic Research continues to test competitive products. The accuracy scores of Etymotic earphones are higher than all competitive earphones we've tested, except electrostatic headphones that cost thousands of dollars."

This was likely written by the engineers and I'm guessing that they're referring to the Omegas?? The precursor to the 007? Or perhaps the 007 did exist around the time when they wrote that.

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #15,462 of 19,251
From the article on response accuracy on Etymotic.com:

"Other in-the-ear earphone manufacturers do not report accuracy scores, but Etymotic Research continues to test competitive products. The accuracy scores of Etymotic earphones are higher than all competitive earphones we've tested, except electrostatic headphones that cost thousands of dollars."

This was likely written by the engineers and I'm guessing that they're referring to the Omegas?? The precursor to the 007? Or perhaps the 007 did exist around the time when they wrote that.
More like Orpheus.

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #15,464 of 19,251
With almost begging, I've got to try my new ER4SR. With a 100Hz Low shelf at 3db, 3KHz High Shelf(Q 0.3) at 5db. It pretty much a neo ER4B...It much brighter but never sharp but my god the detail big step up from the ER2SE, The bass feels very fast & effortless with just as much punch. Still Single BA yet beats many multi BA IEMs I've had before the ER4.

Really love the mid-sized dual flange tips. Testing it on Dragonforce, Now let see if the ER3XR(or ER2XR) like for a more fun tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back