If you had won the lottery what would you buy?
Jan 28, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
You mean the lottery my sig links to?
tongue.gif

I'd go with speakers too. Along with a big house to put them in.
biggrin.gif

hehe I think you and I are on the same wavelength on that one... although, I'd have the house custom designed. I don't need a lot of land or that big of a house so I'd spend the money customizing the hell out of a moderately sized house.

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #19 of 62
1- A house
2- Another house
3- A ticket to New York so I can tell my boss to ***** off in his face
4- A digital camera so I can snap his picture and send his What expression to all my friends
5- A really expensive amp
6- A really expensive mutiformat player
7- 100 boxes of Guinness

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:56 AM Post #20 of 62
assuming this refers only to headphone/hifi gear (and not everything else one could do), I'd buy:

AKG K1000 recabled
Audio-Technica L3000
Grado PS-1 recabled
Senn HE90's

maxed-out Headamp KGSS & balanced Dynahi
Ray Samuels Stealth
Audio-Technica HA3000

Everthing else hi-fi, I have not experimented with enough to really know for sure.

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #21 of 62
i'd buy every game system i don't have and quite a few games... if i had any money left i dunno... HD650 maybe...

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #22 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
assuming this refers only to headphone/hifi gear (and not everything else one could do), I'd buy:

AKG K1000 recabled
Audio-Technica L3000
Grado PS-1 recabled
Senn HE90's

maxed-out Headamp KGSS & balanced Dynahi
Ray Samuels Stealth
Audio-Technica HA3000

Everthing else hi-fi, I have not experimented with enough to really know for sure.

I assume you'd reconsider the SP8's then?

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #23 of 62
Hmm.

Home Electrostatic: Arcam FMJ CD33 -> Benchmark DAC1 -> KGSS -> Stax SR-007
Home Dynamic: Arcam FMJ CD33 -> Benchmark DAC1 -> Balanced Dynahi -> recabled/modded DT531@600ohms
Away: pink iPod Mini -> Hammond "C" MINT -> Prophonic 2X-S

Yes, I know my "away" could have been much more pimped out, but portability is still a defining factor. I don't want to be restricted to cargo jeans when I'm a millionaire. XD

This is not by far the best, but this is definitely where I'd be willing to stop. And no, I refuse to use the HD650. My soul shall remain pure and untouched by the fell magicks of Sennheiser!

Plenty of money for music after that. XD Oh, and clothes. Lots and lots of clothes. And maybe half stock in Victoria's Secret...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:25 AM Post #26 of 62
oh, we talking that kind of "what would you buy?"....
a couple of houses on the beach in Kahala.....
icon10.gif

I not sure the lottery would be enough to pay the tax on those properties though. It would have to be a big lottery.

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #27 of 62
Well let's see...

I'd start my own audio company, fashion line, open up a restaurant, take many classes. e.g. music, start my own company of something where I can hire all my friends so that they can do what they do best, all while I run everything from my own jet plane, touring the world, with my dad as the pilot (since he likes that sort of thing).

Audio wise, I don't really want to buy much. I'd probably get further into DIY madness. I'll learn how to use metal and wood shop tools, buy a workshop, make my own audiophile chairs, headphone displays, make some crazy enclosures.

Man I could go on and on like the energizer bunny. The possibilities are many! hmmm.... commence Plan B! (marry a rich spouse
tongue.gif
)

Let's not forget, give Jude a lump sum to keep head-fi going forever.

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #28 of 62
I'd move out of where I am so that I can blast out the speakers, buy the bigger dCS-based system I auditioned, keep the ATH-W2002 + forthcoming dynamic amp for sentimental value and say goodbye to every other headphone I have bar the E5/HD25-1.

Damn, I've just revealed I'm not truly a headphonemaniac!
tongue.gif
(runs away from stoning)

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #29 of 62
Benchmark DAC1
ATH-W2002
Orpheus (of course)
Stax SR404
KGSS
Maxed Dynahi
Bling bling ICs for everything
An awful lot of other stuff.

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #30 of 62
My own island. Buy a couple of Range Rovers and build an off-road "test track" on it.
biggrin.gif

As for headphones... an Orpheus for home use, and custom IEMs for portable would probably be enough to keep me content. Maybe an Audio-Technica ATH-W2002, just because it looks so damn good.
smily_headphones1.gif

~KS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back