If you don't already love Chad Ochocinco, you will now ....
Jan 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

ambchang

500+ Head-Fier
biggrin.gif

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chad-ochocinco-celebrates-first-super-bowl-extravagant-gift-193820706.html

Of particular interest is the following quote

Quote:
The headphones, widely regarded as the best in the industry, were designed by rapper Dr. Dre. The version Ochocinco picked out for the team produce a "clean, yet forceful sound."

Made me LOL.

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 27
Tom Brady's gift isn't much better...and when did he start playing for the Patriots? I am SO behind the times.

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 27

Quote:
Yeah, I read that earlier today. The idiocy and deception in the world today is just unbearable. 
mad.gif
 And it doesn't help that the guy's last name is Ochocinco...

Can't blame the guy too much because while his choice of headphones was perhaps a little misguided, it was overall an extremely generous gesture. That being said, the author of the article made a ridiculously misinformed statement. Something like "most popular" may have worked better.

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #8 of 27
That's the type of writing that makes me feel like I could be a journalist of some sort. For the "best in the industry" part, I think it could have simply been reworded. Something like "popularly regarded as the best headphones" would have been accurate, even if still a little misleading.

The part that astounds me is: "They are also capable of connecting to each other, meaning that the whole team can be connected and listening to the same song". I can't even figure out where the author came up with that. Did they misunderstand the idea of  the cable being able to be disconnected?
 ​
Also, it bothers me that they didn't even bother to reference a review for describing the sound or quality of the headphones. They copied information directly from the product page. Of course the product page has good things to say about the product.
 ​
It would not surprise me if Beats somehow sponsored this article. It almost seems too ridiculous.

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #9 of 27
 I thought they were widely regarded as the best in the industry? Am I missing something here?

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #11 of 27
Football players aren't really famous for their intelligence. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #12 of 27
lmao best in the industry....

my denon d2k where 100 bucks cheaper than beats by dre and have a similar sound signature, but alot better sound quality and more sub-bass.

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #13 of 27
There is nothing misleading about the article. It clearly states "widely regarded as the best in the industry" - a statement of fact of what the general masses think about headphones. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #14 of 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC Lemon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The part that astounds me is: "They are also capable of connecting to each other, meaning that the whole team can be connected and listening to the same song". I can't even figure out where the author came up with that. Did they misunderstand the idea of  the cable being able to be disconnected?
 ​

Well interestingly enough, the article seems to contradict which Beats he got the team. They mention the Noise Cancelling properties referring to the Studios but when they talk about the capability of connecting to each other, they're clearly talking about the Pros. And the link to one of the teammate's picture of the gift shows a picture of Pros so I'm assuming he got those.

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #15 of 27

Quote:

Well interestingly enough, the article seems to contradict which Beats he got the team. They mention the Noise Cancelling properties referring to the Studios but when they talk about the capability of connecting to each other, they're clearly talking about the Pros. And the link to one of the teammate's picture of the gift shows a picture of Pros so I'm assuming he got those.

Technically the article is correct too. Beats are closed headphones, which all noise cancel. Its just that Studios have active noise cancelling and Pros only have passive attenuation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back