If you don't already love Chad Ochocinco, you will now ....
Jan 31, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #16 of 27
Usually, people are talking about an active noise canceling property when they bring up noise canceling. Maybe I'm making the wrong assumption here, but I'd assume that the author of this is not referring to the fact that all closed headphones will cancel noise.

My mistake for missing the fact that they actually did make a headphone that has an output... that just seemed like a silly idea. I'm a little disappointed to discover it's real. The addition of other headphones would just cause the sound to become progressively worse, would it not?

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #17 of 27
I would disagree with the noise-cancelling aspect.  Noise-cancelling usually refers to active noise-canceling.  The passive ones are usually referred to as noise isolating.  I know people use it interchangeably, but cancel, by itself, is an action.

As for best in the industry, there are a few issues with this statement:
1) What industry?  Football?  In the headphone manufacturing industry?  DJing industry?  Music industry?
2) What does widely regarded means?  Was there a survey?  Was it based on sales?  If it was, sales is not an indication of best in an industry.  Toyotas sell more than Ferraris, are Toyotas the best in the industry?  iPods sold more than Hifiman, are iPods the best in the industry?  Seikos sell more than Baume and Merciers, are Seikos the best in the industry?
3) What does best mean?  Best in quality?  Best in price?  Best in style?  The article, and that phrase itself, was ambiguious and misleading.

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #18 of 27
Whatever helps the Pats lose on Sunday is good in my book.  They can wear all the Beats' line they want.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #20 of 27
I wouldn't be surprised to see that the green sticker on Tom Brady's helmet (signifies that he has a communication device in it) is changed to the "beats logo", and the coach is wearing a giant "beats" headset on the sideline. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #23 of 27
Guys, the important issue here is that the Pats lose on Sunday.  So, let's not lose sight of what's important here.
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #24 of 27
Guys, the important issue here is that the Pats lose on Sunday.  So, let's not lose sight of what's important here.:wink:

Miami fan here. The Giants beating the Pats last time was one of the great reliefs of my life. Go Eli!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04GDQxtnNlQ[/VIDEO]

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #25 of 27
My friend bought a pair of Beats the other day and I "rushed" down with my HFI 580's for him to compare in case he wanted to return the Beats and get the Ultrasones. After listening to both for awhile he decided to stick with the Beats which is fine it's his decision and money but after comparing his and mine I have no regrets about saving my money and buying the superior (IMO) headphones. I will say our tastes in music are somewhat different he likes mostly hip hop, which I never listen to, and I listen to mostly trance and techno with my HFI's so maybe they make hip hop sound better, I don't know.

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
Miami fan here. The Giants beating the Pats last time was one of the great reliefs of my life. Go Eli!

Nice!  I forgot just how big a story the Pats' possible undefeated season was.  I guess those that played with the '72 Dolphins were pretty pleased with that game's outcome.
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #27 of 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Back