If I wore my K701s to school...
May 13, 2006 at 5:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
...would you guys want to see pictures, or a video of it?

I'm planning to go all-out before my school gets out (~6 weeks): iPod (Rockbox), PA2V2, K701. Of course, I need the right time, because I can't hang them casually around my neck during classes, and I'd be afraid of people touching it, pulling at it, etc. So my main concern is sercurity.

But I need to do it...I've been waiting for this all year!
icon10.gif

May 13, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 54
I'd find that very interesting
biggrin.gif

Pictures and video would be great, I'd also like to see someone's face when you put the AKG's on their head...If someone asks, just say they are giant ibuds...

However security comes first, I guess if you answer these questions for yourself it would be a good indication of whether its a good idea. Has anything been stolen from people before? Are there people who would be likely to steal it? Are there reckless people around who could do something stupid? Would people come and just pull the wire or would they know better?

Only let people you trust touch them if you take them to school, I'd also carry that setup in something though since as you say, it might not be a good idea carrying it around all day around your neck. Maybe a mini backpack or something? So if people want to listen and you don't want them to, then put it away somewhere.

May 13, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #3 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
...would you guys want to see pictures, or a video of it?

I'm planning to go all-out before my school gets out (~6 weeks): iPod (Rockbox), PA2V2, K701. Of course, I need the right time, because I can't hang them casually around my neck during classes, and I'd be afraid of people touching it, pulling at it, etc. So my main concern is sercurity.

But I need to do it...I've been waiting for this all year!
icon10.gif

definitely interesting thing to look forward to.

May 13, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #4 of 54
Tell people they're the new "AKG" model by Bose. Also, that you paid $100 for the pair. That should impress them!

And yeah, take pictures and/or video. This could be fun.

May 13, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 54
Yeah, I can always carry it in a seperate bag...ugh, so much to do. Also, this would mean my friends would need to help with this project, and follow me around. This would be too much publicity.

lol Maybe this is better suited to doing this project on the streets, where people wouldn't know anything about you, and be more reactive to these types of things.

May 13, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #7 of 54
^ lol please tell us more. Did he get odd glances? Was he a head-fi'er, or some rich nerd? What did it look like to you?

May 13, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #8 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
lol Maybe this is better suited to doing this project on the streets, where people wouldn't know anything about you, and be more reactive to these types of things.

LOL, this reminds of an old video I saw of some guys walking around a city with a portable K1000 rig
k1000smile.gif

May 13, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #9 of 54
Ah, guys, I got it! I'll bring them to school, keep them in a box, and inside a locker. Then, when school gets out, take it all out, and then the whole school, guaranteed, will see what a true pair of headphones are!
icon10.gif

Sound good?

btw, I figured the video and picture thing will be too showy and flashy, so I'll describe to everybody here later on in full, naked detail about how many people gawked at me.

Hmmm...what are some stupid lines I should say when they ask about it and it's price? lol Give me some questions to say, and I'll try to remember them all, say them, then come back with their answers
icon10.gif

May 13, 2006 at 8:12 AM Post #10 of 54
hmm well they probably haven't heard about the brand
biggrin.gif
you could say they are giant ibuds, or some custom made headphone
tongue.gif
that cost $5000...

What i'd like to hear is what people think of it's sound... I mean showing everyone and attracting attention is ok, but the sound!! you may be able to convert some people into headfier's if they listen to it
smily_headphones1.gif

the thing is, when school finishes everyone will go home... wont they
confused.gif
maybe during lunch break or something?

May 13, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #12 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by spyrius
Wow. Head-Fi really has made us all pretentious.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, like he can tell everybody those headphones cost $400. I derive much more pleasure from walking around with my KSC-75 and having other people have a listen. Then I'll tell them they cost $10 and they'll swallow their Ibuds in anger.
icon10.gif

May 13, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #13 of 54
Naw, when school gets out, there's at least 10-15 minutes of more commuting through the halls; we high high school people are slow these days
tongue.gif

"Oh, these things? I bought them in China; I thought they were Bose headphones."
rolleyes.gif

I have a friend who beleieve anything. Last month, my other friend was out sick, and I told him he was hit by a car, and he actually went to go in the hospital to check.
tongue.gif

Then, after he saw my iPod with Rockbox, I told him that I just bought this iPod-lookalike in China; $50 and all. lol Until recently, he's believed me
icon10.gif

May 13, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #14 of 54
I would worry about some ****** trying to snatch them off your head and causing some damage. Otherwise, walk around with a big friend and enjoy the looks.

May 13, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #15 of 54
^ Exactly my fear...but I'm going to go straight to the band room; I'll safe there. Nobody would harrass me there; I belong there
icon10.gif

Still, this is an awful big risk I'm taking...gawd, the things I do for our entertainment
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back