If I wore my K701s to school...
May 14, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #31 of 54
hmm...well, the mood for doing this left me within 24 hours lol; ADD
tongue.gif

so I guess the most I'll do is walk the dog while wearing these. He has a tendency to get tangled in wires and cords though
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #32 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
hmm...well, the mood for doing this left me within 24 hours lol; ADD
tongue.gif

so I guess the most I'll do is walk the dog while wearing these. He has a tendency to get tangled in wires and cords though
rolleyes.gif

You'd get a second look from me if you wore:
1. Headphones I couldn't ID at first glace
2. Portable Omega 2/Orpheus system

So get working on those
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 14, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #33 of 54
Orpheus?! *whines* Awww...I need to kill higher-profile clients to get that kind of money...
icon10.gif

And if anybody's a die-hard head-fier, the only kinds they wouldn't recognize are the crappy ones
tongue.gif

May 14, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #34 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
You'd get a second look from me if you wore:
1. Headphones I couldn't ID at first glace
2. Portable Omega 2/Orpheus system

So get working on those
very_evil_smiley.gif

Gas powered back-pack styled leaf blower converted into generator + Blue Hawaii strapped underneath it + source connected to it + OIIs = win?

May 14, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #35 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Gas powered back-pack styled leaf blower converted into generator + Blue Hawaii strapped underneath it + source connected to it + OIIs = win?

I have a soft spot for anything gas powered.
You would get a second look from me if you ran any portable headphone system from a propane tank
evil_smiley.gif

I would then give you a nod of approval
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #37 of 54
Why would it be such an interesting idea, and why would you want to tape it and post on the net?

People walk around with weird things all the time, and you don't even notice. What's so special about headphones (other than the listening experience, of course)?

May 14, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz
Why would it be such an interesting idea, and why would you want to tape it and post on the net?

People walk around with weird things all the time, and you don't even notice. What's so special about headphones (other than the listening experience, of course)?

That's what I was wondering. Besides, wearing a pair of headphones isn't too special. Now, if you were to wear a pair of Jecklin Floats, then you might get attention.
580smile.gif

May 14, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #39 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz

Agree. I've worn HD280 and MS1 in public and nothing interesting happens. If I did see someone with big headphones I would turn and look but only because I would be trying to 1) identify the headphones and 2) wonder if it was a head-fier.
icon10.gif

If I were to wear a $300 pair of headphones to school I have more to worry about than if someone gave me a weird look.
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #40 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Agree. I've worn HD280 and MS1 in public and nothing interesting happens. If I did see someone with big headphones I would turn and look but only because I would be trying to 1) identify the headphones and 2) wonder if it was a head-fier.
icon10.gif

If I were to wear a $300 pair of headphones to school I have more to worry about than if someone gave me a weird look.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I have no idea how some people are brave enough to be wearing some really expensive gear outdoors. PeeeMeS' socked K1000 comes to mind.
k1000smile.gif
I'd be petrified to take anything more expensive than my KSC75's.

May 15, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
Yeah, I have no idea how some people are brave enough to be wearing some really expensive gear outdoors. PeeeMeS' socked K1000 comes to mind.
k1000smile.gif
I'd be petrified to take anything more expensive than my KSC75's.

Yeah, but those K1000 are protected by special forces.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 15, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #42 of 54
I dont have any big cans at the moment. But When I first wore my UM1s around I spent seriousy 30 min of my day telling people that they are "IEMs, like ear phones.... Yea, kinda like Ibuds". I was also asked a few times if I had hearing aids...
rolleyes.gif

May 15, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #43 of 54
^ True...when I first put on my 5 Pros, my World History teacher asked, "Oh, you have hearing aids now?" He was joking though, because he then talked to the class about how we all blast our music so loud we will all need to have hearing aids someday
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 8:12 AM Post #45 of 54
I would take a look at a person any of the 'respected Head-fi' cans and marvel on how that somebody knows good cans.

However it is not something I am interested in and I am definitely more interested in less geeky stuff, like a gay couple walking down the road handcuffed to each other (I saw it actually). Headphone sightings aren't a big turn-on, no matter how good the headphone is.

Regards.

p.s. That gas-powered idea would be cool to see though.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back