IEM's
Aug 3, 2008 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

hamedy

100+ Head-Fier
I enjoy my IEM more in noisy environments than my silent room!
what you think about it?
is it natural?!
and what about you? write the reason please.

Aug 3, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #2 of 15
I use them everywhere... But it´s realy good in the subway getting out all this noise and listen to music at a low level than damaging your ears with those buds at the highest sound level...

Aug 3, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 15
Noisy environment mostly. For silent places i prefer full size open cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #4 of 15
I enjoy my IEMs in noisy environments because I don't have to hear some guy's crap music being blasted at full volume 4 rows down the bus through stock iBuds.

Having said that, I've always had IEMs, so I've gotten used to that sound. Just bought a pair of Grado SR60s to see what they're like and whether some cans will be worth my investment.

Aug 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #5 of 15
i think you didn't read the question carefully.
the question is not: do you prefer open phones or IEM's (close phones) in noisy environment.
i mean exactly what i said, you like the way your IEM's sound in silent places or in noisy places.
actually the IEM make same sound everywhere but i mean the sound u hear.
I think i like the sound in noisy places since portable players make a background noise with high end IEM's which cant be heard in noisy environment but can be heard in silent places. also high end IEM's show the background noise found in weak records so brightly which will be less noticeable in noisy places.
i used "places" 100 times, sorry
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I enjoy my IEMs in noisy environments because I don't have to hear some guy's crap music being blasted at full volume 4 rows down the bus through stock iBuds.

But in a quiet bus, you don't get this luxury
frown.gif

Apple should be sued for the iBuds as they're a danger to public health (both physical as in hearing and mental as in coping with Apple fanbois and that annoying sound).

Anyway, yeah, noisy environment for me too.

Aug 3, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #7 of 15
I enjoy them when traveling by public transportation (in specific subway, tram, bus, train, ferry).
They allow me to block out external noise and just concentrate on the music.

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #9 of 15
everywhere I can; but I prefer my fullsize cans for recording

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #10 of 15
May be it's not the answer for your question, but I enjoy listen to them while going outside. It's like watching an MV, you only hear a song, while everything is moving. Thanks to the Ety Er6is' isolation
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #12 of 15
I only listen to my earphones when I'm out and about, or at home and want to block out noise, like when cleaning the apartment and running the vacuum cleaner.

Oct 18, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
like when cleaning the apartment and running the vacuum cleaner.

Nice idea, thanks for reply.. and do you have worries about not hearing the phone ring or door ring when you use IEM's? how you solve this? a crazy solution came to my head, using lamps that light up whit door and phone ring in every room!

Oct 18, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #14 of 15
I get a kick out of my UE10 in places like airports, in a shuttle bus, or while driving in my Atom at speed. Just generally at times when I know that I'm enjoying great sounding music that wouldn't otherwise be possible were it not for IEMs.

In a quiet room by myself, I'll either be listening to speakers or full size headphones, and would feel kind of silly using IEMs when I know that I have better alternatives at my disposal.

Oct 18, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by hamedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice idea, thanks for reply.. and do you have worries about not hearing the phone ring or door ring when you use IEM's? how you solve this? a crazy solution came to my head, using lamps that light up whit door and phone ring in every room!

As a rule, I don't answer my house phone anyway. I'm not worried about missing a call. That's what the answering machine is for. If they don't leave a message, it wasn't that important to begin with.

Oddly enough, however, I grab all cell phone calls and quickly return those that I happen to miss.

It's really strange. I think that after so many years with a cell phone everywhere I go, I now think of home as a safe haven and don't want to be disturbed by the phone. Answering it would mean that I'd have to pause the music!!! Not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back