IEMs with good highs
Jan 9, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony6555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you despise extension and love rolled-off, blunted treble, the IE7 is clearly the phone for you op! In my opinion

Hehe.

There fixed it for you, that's your opinion, I hear it differently.
And my ears hear great treble extension.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder why we hear this so differently? The TF10 renders acoustic piano with excellent clarity and tonal balance to my ears. The only other IEM that I've heard so far that has a more pristine presentation of this instrument is the FX500. Have you been experiencing problems with fit and what eartips are you using?

On its own, the tf10 probably sounds good. But switching between the um3x and the ortofon, it becomes apparent just how muffled and less sparkly the mids and highs sound on the tf10. I was using the default silicone sleeves that were on the tf10, and fit was certainly good. I think its not that the tf10 is bad, its just that there are others that does mids and highs better.

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #33 of 36
We have opposing impressions with both the TF10 and the UM3X. I find the highs of the TF10 to be more lively than those of the UM3X. The mids of the TF10 can be described as recessed when compared to the UM3X. I find the TF10 to be a cleaner, more spacious sounding phone with impressive highs and lows. I also find it to be a far more engaging listen than the UM3X, which just sounded dull and lifeless to me. It's interesting how we hear so differently.

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #34 of 36
I'm going to put another vote in for the ER4s. I love the highs on them. As detailed as my HD600s, maybe not as smooth and extended but they're still beautiful.

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On its own, the tf10 probably sounds good. But switching between the um3x and the ortofon, it becomes apparent just how muffled and less sparkly the mids and highs sound on the tf10. I was using the default silicone sleeves that were on the tf10, and fit was certainly good. I think its not that the tf10 is bad, its just that there are others that does mids and highs better.

Yes, I would agree with this...

Comparing the TF10 to my other treble prominent IEMs, I would put them in order (of clarity / extension) from worst to best: TF10 > Denon C710 > JVC FX500...

That being said, after extensive listening, the Denon C710 seems to be the happy medium, jack of all trades (and overall sounds fantastic with certain genres of music - at the moment, listening to Timberlands Shock Value II... hmm
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back