IEMs with Apple-style remote under $100
Oct 24, 2010 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

YoyoJam55

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I've been a lurker around here for a while, reading up on IEMs. I have read the whole multi-IEM review, but I'm still having trouble making a decision as to which IEMs I should get. A few months ago, I bought my first pair of decent IEMs, the Meelec M9s. I liked their sound signature, but they were pretty muddy. So I decided to get a pair of ADDIEMs, because I really liked the idea of the apple remote. I enjoyed the higher level of details on these, but they were a bit bass-light, especially at the low volume I generally listen at. 

Now I'm looking for another upgrade. I want a pair of IEMs that are about $100 or less, that include the same remote/mic as the ADDIEMs. I will not be amping them, just running them off my iPod Touch 3G. I would like something that has more detail than my M9s, but has a more bassy balance than the ADDIEMs. 

Also, it would be great if you could buy the pair on amazon because I have many GCs to there.

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 2
Look through this extensive set of reviews by |joker|, and look for mention in the first few lines of a mic/remote version. Very few will have volume control, however. He includes the ADDIEM so you can use that for comparison with his comments about other IEMs. Thinksound TS02+mic seem quite good if their sound signature agrees with your preferences. Another possibility would be the Phonak "Perfect Bass" PFE 022 that ClieOS has just reviewed here. Joker includes the more expensive but similar PFE 122 that ClieOS mentions in his review. A caution regarding Phonaks is that they seem to require near-full volume adjustment if unamped (no personal experience, just what I've read).

There's also this list with linked reviews, but it is somewhat outdated now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back