May 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

akki007

100+ Head-Fier
1. Singing along is a NO NO
2. Eating and listening is a disgusting NO NO
3. Walking with heavy feet is a NO NO

I never knew these things.

May 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 21
So...do tell, where did you embarrass yourself singing along?

May 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 21
It was the first thing I did when I got my IE7s...started singing and it sounded like I was underwater! Luckily I wasn't in public.

May 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So...do tell, where did you embarrass yourself singing along?

He sings Sabrina Boys in a gay bar?
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 21, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 21
Only at weekends

May 21, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #7 of 21
How about trying to say something to someone while wearing IEMS? (ie.not having an actual conversation. eg saying thanks to the bus driver). I always have to take at least one side out because if I had both IEMs in, I would have NO idea how loud I would be talking
tongue.gif

May 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah that's a bit of a downside... but I don't do either of those things(1 and 2) when I use headphones, only with speakers. You could go along the lines of the PK/OK series to fix 1 and 3...but the whole singing in public part... can't help you there, sorry mate.

Just to clarify, I am NOT some sort of public singing crank.

On a serious note, been down the PK3>PK1 route, I get all the opposite problems to IEMs! No isolation, inferior SQ. (You can sing to your hearts content though, and eat. Although not at the same time)

May 21, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Singing along is a NO NO
2. Eating and listening is a disgusting NO NO
3. Walking with heavy feet is a NO NO

I never knew these things.

You are SO right on this one
tongue.gif
Especially something juicy like meat!

May 21, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #10 of 21
I never sing outloud (only when I'm at concerts and no one can really hear me :p) but I do mouth along with the words often, and I probably look like a loser doing so, but you know what, I don't care :p

I don't find eating THAT bad, just that it unseats my IEMs, thus breaking the seal after a while, so I tend not to do it. Obviously, in this category goes CHEWING GUM. :p

Finally, I don't know why you can't walk with heavy feet? No matter if I walk or run, my IEMs stay perfectly seated in my ears
smily_headphones1.gif
Maybe it's the comply tips that are just hugging my ear canals
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostChild1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never sing outloud (only when I'm at concerts and no one can really hear me :p) but I do mouth along with the words often, and I probably look like a loser doing so, but you know what, I don't care :p

I don't find eating THAT bad, just that it unseats my IEMs, thus breaking the seal after a while, so I tend not to do it. Obviously, in this category goes CHEWING GUM. :p

Finally, I don't know why you can't walk with heavy feet? No matter if I walk or run, my IEMs stay perfectly seated in my ears
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

They don't come unseated when walking, I can hear my footsteps! Boom Boom Boom Boom!

May 21, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostChild1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it's more the sound of your feet on the pavement doing your head in
tongue.gif

EDIT: Damn, beaten by 10 minutes... That's what you get for posting while working I guess!

May 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostPhil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's more the sound of your feet on the pavement doing your head in
tongue.gif

EDIT: Damn, beaten by 10 minutes... That's what you get for posting while working I guess!

I'm working aswell...obviously not as hard as you!

May 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #15 of 21
Don't feel too bad... I just got caught by one of my graduating seniors as I was playing air-guitar to some vintage REO Speedwagon. Thank GAWD, I wasn't singing, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back