IEMs that would blow my Super.fi3 out of the water
Jun 8, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #18 of 21
Get FX700 at amazon japan if it still on sales of course. It is only around $260 and have a great bass and clarity. Even with package forwarding fees, it would only cost you around $280. I used tenso for my fx700 purchase and, they are fast and reliable. One caveat, if you want to maintain $280 mark, you have declare the price below the taxable threshold and it can be done at tenso site itself. Of course that would make your package underinsure and....risky too.
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #20 of 21
35 and older? Well i guess I can see where he's coming from; I don't think he really meant age; more like the genres of music you might tend to like at that age. Me, being 18, listen mostly to Classical, Acoustic, and Soundtrack genres and love them; hence the reason I got the UM3Xs back when I did. To me, these IEMs performed best in these genres; the genres that aren't super "loud" and in your face like others are. 

They have sort of a laid back sound signature that makes the other genres sound.... less exciting if you will; stuff like rock, hardcore, and rap I didn't listen to with the UM3Xs because they were somewhat boring with those IEMs. 

But yea those IEMs were amazingly comfortable. I spend a 3 day weekend at my dad's house and had the IEMs in my ears playing music for 14, 12, and 8 hours a day. 

Quote:
@Young spade: I was afraid that the Westone UM3x would not fit the genre of music I listen to. Someone on the Appreciation thread even said something about being 35 and over to appreciate its sound. Well, I do not completely believe that, but I don't usually listen to the genres that people have praised the UM3x for. A friend of mine who once owned the W3 told me that the treble is inconsistent and not smooth till the end. This is weird and certainly not good news, nevertheless these 2 IEMs do indeed look comfortable.

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #21 of 21
The cable on my coppers are great, plus you get that awesome lifetime warranty if you buy from an authorized dealer. You can even cut the cable and Monster will replace the phone, only once though.

I did the my price option on http://www.onecall.com and got $250. They might have changed their lower threshold by now though.

About the e-q7's cable, the microphonics are horrible. You really can only just sit there and listen. Great listening experience though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back