IEMs that can use Klipsch oval tips?
Jul 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HeroicPenguin

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions of any IEMs ~$150-200 that can use Klipsch tips? So far, they've been the most comfortable tips I've ever used and I'd like to have a second pair of IEMs for comfort/decent isolation that I can kinda beat up (which means that the X10s are probably not a good choice). Any sound signature will do, I just want to know if any other IEMs take the tips.

Thanks!

Jul 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 7
Anyone with an answer? It seems like Etys can, but they don't sound good and the Phonak Audeos do too (although I don't know what they sound like with them). Any others?

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 7
Well if they will fit the Etys it means that they have the smallest bore size.

If you google Comply Foam size chart, it will state which iems fit the T-100 size.

Give it a shot, Jim

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Well if they will fit the Etys it means that they have the smallest bore size.
If you google Comply Foam size chart, it will state which iems fit the T-100 size.
Give it a shot, Jim

Thanks for that info, Jim. Didn't think to look at the Comply chart. I see that it fits for the DBA-2, ER-4s, and some of the jays IEMs. I am curious as to how they change the sounds though, since I heard that it makes some of the IEMs sound worse. Also, Comply says that they don't fit with the Phonak Audeo PFEs, but I've heard they fit, so that list might not be complete. I'd love any extra input.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 7
You could then goto Complyfoam.com and use their tip finder.

It has a lot of info there. I have also called them with a question or two. Good Folks.

Good Luck, Jim

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
westones.. im using them now.. my um1 that is.. 

The higher end Westones are a bit out of my budget and the housings are pretty big. Thanks for the suggestions though. Seems like it's gonna be the Etys, q-Jays (if I can find them), Phonak PFE, or DBA-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back