IEM's Soundstage
Mar 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

krismusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I am now happy with the sound of my set up tonally but something that is really bugging me is that the sound is coming either directly in line with my ears or slightly behind. Giving the sensation of sitting with my back to a pair of speakers. Anyone else have this? Is it a characteristic of IEM's? Or my set up in particular? Any insight much appreciated.

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 7
Yeah I heard that the soundstage of the IE8 (I suppose that is the IEM you are using mainly) can be a bit weird sometimes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but would some Crossfeed EQ whatever help?

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 7
Yeah I heard that the soundstage of the IE8 (I suppose that is the IEM you are using mainly) can be a bit weird sometimes.

It's the same with the T-15's. how would I introduce cross feed?

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 7
To answer my own question. Obviously the way to introduce cross feed is to use an amp with that facility. Does anyone know from experience if this is going to project the soundstage forward in my head?

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Hey! Tom Yum Goong. I just wanted to thank you very much for this steer. It lead me to buy the Headstage Arrow which has crossfeed. Although that effect is subtle and does not completely solve the problem I am so glad I bought the Arrow which I would not have done had you not set me looking for crossfeed capable amps.
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Hey! Tom Yum Goong. I just wanted to thank you very much for this steer. It lead me to buy the Headstage Arrow which has crossfeed. Although that effect is subtle and does not completely solve the problem I am so glad I bought the Arrow which I would not have done had you not set me looking for crossfeed capable amps.
beerchug.gif

Glad you like it :)
I want to get one too, but right now I'm saving for the Fiio X3 which will be released soon or later...I guess...
:)

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 7
That does look very promising. It would be nice to have a DAP and amp in one box. However I have always liked the sound of the 4S and the form factor of the Arrow makes a really nice pairing.
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back