IEMs similar in sound to MTP and MDR-10R?
Mar 5, 2014 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JonathanSQ

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Long time lurker here. I am in need of help deciding on a new pair of IEMs. I had a pair of Monster Turbine Pro IEMs, and loved them, until they died about two months ago. I decided at that time to go with a pair of Sony MDR-10R headphones after searching and reviewing threads here. However, I'll be traveling 3wks of each month for the rest of the year and working side by side people who I do not know (read: not sure if they'll be offended with sound leakage).

So with this in mind, I'm in need of expertise in finding a new pair of IEMs.

Music listened to: hip hop, R&B, dubstep/techno, rock, country, some pop, and some punk rock.

Source: Nexus 7 tablet, Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, or laptop.
Amp: FiiO E6 (probably will be upgrading to the E11 shortly)

I love bass, deep hard hitting bass, but also want clear mids and highs so I can fully enjoy every aspect of what I'm listening to, including vocals. Love how Krewella, Foxes, T.I., Jason Aldean, etc. sound with the MDRs. To my ears I'm getting all I am looking for, but I am sure there is better quality out there.

I also need to make sure whatever I buy has high build quality as I don't want them breaking from extensive use and travel. Hate to say it but I kinda like a little weight to them too, like the MTPs. Tried the DNAs that Monster sent me to replacement the MTPs and hate how cheap and light they feel.

Overall budget is $100-200. Recommendations? I hope someone can help as I didn't find much searching the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back