IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Nov 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,765 of 2,837
Quote:
Hey,Would you guys recommend this company to do a remold on my custom??

Yep.  I can confidently say I'm a happy customer.  I purchased mine nearly three years ago, a remolded TF-10 I got on a gold box special from Amazon.  They are still, far and away, my favorite pair of headphones.  I just pulled them out again after not having had used them in a few months, and was pleasantly surprised by how well they've aged.  

Do it.  

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #2,766 of 2,837
Quote:
Yep.  I can confidently say I'm a happy customer.  I purchased mine nearly three years ago, a remolded TF-10 I got on a gold box special from Amazon.  They are still, far and away, my favorite pair of headphones.  I just pulled them out again after not having had used them in a few months, and was pleasantly surprised by how well they've aged.  

Do it.  

I know that 1964 ears of UM have a reshelling fee of more than double this price, but could you say that they have a better quality these reshellings? Or are they about the same?

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #2,768 of 2,837
I have done it... I will certainly not do it again. They sent me back to get ears impression twice. They remolded my TF10 about 6 or 7 times. Even after that, the fit was just "ok" and the sound was not equal on each side but I gave up sending them back again. The bass sounded much better before.

They also broke my Luna silver cable when they plugged it in and they sent it to me like that. The plastic started cracking around the connectors after just a few weeks. Now, I year latter, there is corrosion in the connector on one side, I have no bass anymore on the other side...

They are just on the edge of my garbage bin.

I loved the TF10 as they were... I shouldn't have taken that risk.

I am now looking to buy another set of TF10 that will remain a TF10 this time.

I thought that at around 100$ this was cool... At the end it has cost me over 400$ (with the 200$ TF10 and many shipping) and I have nothing left.

Don't lose you money on this...

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2,771 of 2,837
I had mines done earlier this year and i have to say i was never happy with it. the plug is a bit too close to my face and cause all sorts of fitting problems. By the time i got them back from the 3rd  refit my 90day refit ran out so i didn't send them back, I am curious how people are able to get them remolded more than 4 times.

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #2,772 of 2,837
Hm.. thought about remolding my tf10's due to continual fit issues. Now I wonder if I should just sell them and get something more compatible, or even another ciem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back