IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jul 1, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #2,551 of 2,837
FYI, I believe it is $90. Plus he probably paid extra for the artwork. And not sure if the policy is the same as when I last ordered but they were charging extra for the faceplate to be colored different than the body. But all in all still very cheap and well worth the price.

Jul 1, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #2,552 of 2,837
Hey I was wondering, if I were to get my TF10 reshelled and terminated to a new cable (Westone probably), would Fisher be able to order a Westone cable and bill it to me or would I have to supply the cable to be used?

Jul 29, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #2,557 of 2,837
Minor bump to say that I just had my impressions done today.  So have just sent in my (deep breath), Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 (got in sale from play for £100 for this purpose!) along with my westone 2's (that I loved the sound of but could never get a decent fit in my right ear)and klipsch x10i, due to the fragility of it.  So there we go.  Now the long wait begins.  For the next 5 weeks or so all I'll have are a set of monster turbines to listen to.  After examining the impressions, the audiologist noted that my right ear canal curves and narrows which is why I couldn't get a decent fit.  That narrowing wasn't present on the left.  She also had to change sizes of the cotton wool dams as the left one fitted perfectly but the right one didn't.  Oh and for those on the fence about getting impressions done, wish I'd done it earlier now didn't feel a thing!

Cheers.

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #2,559 of 2,837
Standard cables for customs use memory wire so the cables are routed behind your ears but you can have the cable dangle under your chin and straight down your chest or behind your neck and down your back.

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #2,560 of 2,837
Got my customs back today, i broke a tube a few months back and finally decided to have them reshelled. I'm curious if they are doing something new lately. My last set had smoothed out end pieces where the bores are. This pair has a sort of bowl appearance and the bores are recessed.

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #2,561 of 2,837
After doing some research and reading this thread I decided to get my UE Super.fi 5 EB's molded.  

I called around for Audiologists in the area and found a very wide range for cost on having impressions done.  From $25 - $200 dollars.  Is there a big difference in the quality of an impression or is it a matter of doing it properly to get a good fit?

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #2,562 of 2,837
Said it before and Ill say it again. It is super easy to do by yourself with a kit. You would have to be crazy to pay someone $200 to put some green goo in your ear. buy a kit, put the stoppers in your ears and fill your ears up and press on it while inside of your ears to make sure its packed pretty good. wait to harden up and take out. Its simple.

Quote:
After doing some research and reading this thread I decided to get my UE Super.fi 5 EB's molded.  

I called around for Audiologists in the area and found a very wide range for cost on having impressions done.  From $25 - $200 dollars.  Is there a big difference in the quality of an impression or is it a matter of doing it properly to get a good fit?

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #2,563 of 2,837
I don't think Fisher reshells the Super Fi 5 EB's anymore. I remember someone who had to send theirs in half a dozen times just to get it right and shortly afterwords Fisher changed their policy to BA drivers only. It was a while ago and they could have perfected the issues with reshelling the EB since then. Best to contact them directly.

Quote:

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #2,564 of 2,837
I emailed Kaysen and asked about it after reading that in this thread and was told that they would remold them.  Kaysen sent me the necessary paperwork to fill out.

I made an appointment for next Monday to get impressions done for $25.  My concern is that there is some difference in quality between what some charge $25 for and others $200.  I read about some people doing their own impressions but I'm not comfortable doing something like that on my own and would rather pay the $25 - $30 to have them done professionally.

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #2,565 of 2,837
I wouldn't worry too much. Impressions take 10 minutes... anyone charging $200 is a crook. I get my impressions from an Beltone audiologist who used to MAKE monitors and he doesn't charge me a dime. I've gotten 3 sets of impressions from him and they've always been 100%. Anyone charging a ton of money for impressions isn't necessarily better at it... they're just taking advantage of you.

Quote:
I emailed Kaysen and asked about it after reading that in this thread and was told that they would remold them.  Kaysen sent me the necessary paperwork to fill out.

I made an appointment for next Monday to get impressions done for $25.  My concern is that there is some difference in quality between what some charge $25 for and others $200.  I read about some people doing their own impressions but I'm not comfortable doing something like that on my own and would rather pay the $25 - $30 to have them done professionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back