IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #2,296 of 2,837
Well my beloved Triple's are now in the hands of the postal system! What a nerve wracking experience that was. I went for the 3 day so they should be in sunny FLA by Tuesday the latest. Hopefully I'll get everything back before the Christmas crazy gets in full swing!

Wish me luck.

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #2,298 of 2,837
Well, I didn't pay for rush and I got mine back in a little over 2 weeks so it might be faster.
I've sent mine back though because of some issues, hopefully they'll be able to fix them up. =)

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #2,299 of 2,837
Well a week has passed and the withdrawl symptoms are now mixing with the anticipation symptoms producing an unpleasant discomfort. Hopefully Kaysen can pop up a pic of my TF10's surgery to lessen the pain!

Dec 10, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #2,301 of 2,837

MaoDi said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm, well UM doesn't change anything either in remolding. But remember the $125 is including the $35 two day shipping across the world, so if you don't live in the US, it's not going to be cheap. Problem with not changing anything though is that since the TF10s use a single bore, you can't fit dual bores on without moving the drivers into a different position. which is a down side.

Would be interested in his creations though. What ever happened to Full Circle In-Ear Monitoring?

Many thanks to your description! It helps me out of the problem, It's good for reference.

Dec 11, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #2,305 of 2,837
Someone did get them remolded and it sounded very similar but slightly larger stage and bass according to the person. I believe that is in the first SM3 thread somewhere...

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #2,309 of 2,837
I have experienced some of the best customer service ever and have yet to purchase from them.  Kaysen has been super responsive, even sending me the audiologist instructions right before my appointment.  TripleFi and impressions are on their way.  I hope they can get the shells the way I want.  I was inspired by Wildcard30.

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #2,310 of 2,837
This seems like an awesome plan for making the TF10s into something more awesome.  I'm wondering about the cable -- is it still removable?  Or can they do whatever you want with it?  It seems like here they used a UE 11 cable which shouldn't fit standard.  In that case, I'd be wondering what cable I should use -- maybe the UM3X cable?

Also, how much does it usually cost to get ear molds done?  Seems like that could be expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back