IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Nov 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #2,284 of 2,837
I received my remolds the other day and I'm pretty happy with them, just a few things,
-  Artwork color on the right side was wrong, I specified that I wanted the artwork in blue on the left side and in red on the right side, but ended up getting blue on both sides.  Not a biggie but it would probably have been easier since they had tf-10, the date, and my name in red already but oh well.
-  There seems to be a hairline crack in my left earpiece.  I can feel it so it's not just something on the inside.  The earpiece still seems to be very sturdy even with the crack though.  I took 2 pictures but I'm actually having trouble deciding if it's a crack or not.  I can feel it so it definitely goes all the way through but when I pull on the nozzle it doesn't come apart or move at all.  If it is a crack, would that be a huge deal?  Would the entire earpiece need to be redone?
-  Fit on the right side was perfect.  Left side was also very good but not as snug as the right side.  I am able to move my head around, move my jaw, walk, etc without anything happening to the seal but it still just doesn't feel as snug as the right side.  I tried putting a few coats of nail polish on the canal and canal tip (areas according to http://ultimateears.com/support/fit-tool/main.html) and it seems to fit better.  It's better but still not quite the same as on the right side which is close to perfect.  I think some other area may need to be a bit thicker but it's hard for me to tell.
Here are some pics of the crack:

Nov 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #2,285 of 2,837
For those that want to create their own decals and be able to change them up at will, I found this which would be perfect.

http://www.texascraft.com/hps/product.php?productid=16497&cat=283&page=1

8.5"x11" Glossy adhesive vinyl sheets for your inkjet printer.

I would suggest spraying a sealant over the print to ensure that any moisture doesn't ruin the decal. But this should work and it doesn't cost all that much.

Q.

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #2,287 of 2,837
I just got my remolds back today, and I am really impressed. Mine, too, were TF-10s. I chose a clear monitor, with their wire.

The remolds were shipped by InEarZ in accordance with the schedule that was promised in advance. I got exactly what I ordered. There is no sign of any defect in what I got. That is the reverse of saying, WOW, I am really happy with these things!

I wore them for over four hours after I got them. It was as if they weren't there, except for the fantastic sound I was hearing. I noticed that on one side, if I opened my mouth really wide, the seal would be slightly compromised. As soon as I closed my mouth some, the seal was back in tact. I don't consider this an issue at all. Noise isolation is extremely good.

The whole process was just so ... ordinary. I find it amazing that what came out of it was something very unordinary (if that is a word).

And for those skeptics out there, I have no connection to anyone involved in this business. I am simply a customer who has had no earlier contact with this company, although I may very well have further dealings with them in future.

Sound impressions - highs remain crisp and clear. The bass is strong, not forced, feels more focused. Compared to what I heard before the remold, the bass goes much lower, with more detail and depth. The biggest change is in these lower frequencies.

Do not take these comments to mean that the low frequency sounds now overpower the mids and highs. I am not a bass head. I find the frequency range to be balanced. My impression is that the remold really shows what the TF-10 can do - obviously, my personal opinion.

Obviously, I think Fisher/InEarZ provides a great service. Glad I found this thread, which identified the service.

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #2,288 of 2,837
Ive got to do this, all though that crack doesn't look promising  
blink.gif

Nov 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #2,289 of 2,837
I got my remolds back on on November 9th. The shure e500s work fine, I stepped on one and broke the tip off, so the remolding was a great option to save that set of IEMs. I had those done in clear. The jh13pro's that I had remolded work fine as well, the only problem with these is that Inearz forgot to do the artwork and charged me for it. So I now have to send them back in if I really want the artwork.

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #2,290 of 2,837

Quote:
I got my remolds back on on November 9th. The shure e500s work fine, I stepped on one and broke the tip off, so the remolding was a great option to save that set of IEMs. I had those done in clear. The jh13pro's that I had remolded work fine as well, the only problem with these is that Inearz forgot to do the artwork and charged me for it. So I now have to send them back in if I really want the artwork.

Problems, problems this is what I don't want to have inevitable or not. 
ph34r.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #2,291 of 2,837
The remolds do sound very good.  Between the better seal and the westone cable, i feel like my tf10's have cleaner lows and the mids are a bit more pronounced.  Overall I'm happy except about the crack of course, and the slightly bad fit in the left ear.  I sent them an email and hopefully they'll be able to fix them up quickly.  I think it was definitely worth the hundred bucks.

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #2,292 of 2,837
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/525245/fisher-audio-um3x-custom-re-mold-review

Just thought I would share my thoughts on the final product. Anyone interested in hearing how the re-molded UM3X's sound should check out my review :)a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back