IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jun 11, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #1,951 of 2,837

Quote:
I'm sure Fisher will do a good job. They have been doing this for a while now and have excellent customer service. So if they don't get it right the first time, you can send them right back. I never found them to be sibilant to begin with. Neither harsh or overly bright. After the remold, they sound more open and have better extension.

good to know, have you posted any photos of the custom 3's on any other threads? UM appreciation thread?

Jun 11, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,953 of 2,837

Just got them back, definitely worth the money. They are not perfect cosmetically, but still better than I expected. I am still getting used to them so I will update on the fit and sound after the WE.
So far thought I have to say kudos to Kaysen and her team, good communication and quick turnaround.

Jun 13, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #1,957 of 2,837
In reality, it looks better than in the picture (iphone in low light will do that). But Like I said they are not cosmetically perfect, and I was not expecting them to be. Anyhow unless you get really close you would not see the smudge on the right and the rest of the fuzziness is not really visible under normal viewing. Primarily I was concerned with preserving the sound signature of the TF10, and so far so good.

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #1,959 of 2,837
Yeah I sent mines on Monday and they received it on Thursday. I hope they will also finish my by the end of this week.

Did anyone have trouble with their Westone cable because the slider seems really tight. I read somewhere that the slider can cause damage to the cable in the long run.

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #1,960 of 2,837
Hey Folks,

Can someone verify that a previously-custom molded set of IEM's can be re-molded again? Selling my custom molded SE500's and the buyer wanted to verify it. 

Thanks,
Irwin

Jun 14, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #1,962 of 2,837
I'm probably going to be going through Fisher when I get some customs in the mail. Impressions here really fluctuate in cost like crazy. I've gotten something as low as $25 to ridiculous prices of $225.

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #1,964 of 2,837
I called 2 different places for impressions near my home. 1 quoted me $50 per ear, the other quoted me $15 total (both ears). There doesnt appear to be much rhyme or reason to impression costs... Guess I got lucky w/ the $15.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #1,965 of 2,837
The only audiology center I could find near my house charges $25 for impressions, both ears. I may call Fisher and see if they recommend anyone else, but I doubt I'd pay more than $50 for impressions. Considering the remold is $80, I couldn't justify almost doubling the cost...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back