IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Feb 4, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #1,606 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtofront001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, just got mine in today. I think fit is pretty damn good. They are very snug inside my ears. I hope I dont get any surprises later. Anyways, sound sig pretty much remained the same I think. Now here's the thing, I was thinking the comply tips were enhancing the bass "before remold". I really did not like the large amount of bass present in TF10's. Now after the remold, somehow the bass is even more enhanced, I believe. Probably because of better fit. But after some drastic eq'ing, they sound pretty good. Pictures will come tomorrow hopefully
wink_face.gif

Man these things are bass monsters

Sounds nice, mine has been already done, and more 10 days waiting for it to travel a half round of the world to my place!! Pictures will surely come then!
beyersmile.png

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #1,607 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by barqy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going to have to agree with you on this one. Judging by the updates on the less than stellar quality on these, they seem to be over whelmed by the response.

At least they're trying to make things right (hopefully they're paying for shipping both ways). regardless, I can see how this can be a turn off for potential customers (such as myself).

unique melody seems to be on top of their game. going to see if i can get a cheaper rate by sending within nation during my friend's trip.

I'm certainly not doing it again. After not having a pair of iems for over a month now.

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #1,608 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by specto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm certainly not doing it again. After not having a pair of iems for over a month now.

Same here. I was without mine for over two months.

Feb 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #1,609 of 2,837
After some back and forth emails with Kaysen the expected shipping date of my UE11 extended from 29/1 -> 1/2 -> 4/2 -> inform later.

Ya but it's ok for me as far as Fisher can ensure quality. I still prefer waiting for just one time rather than Kobayashi case who stuck in shipping loop. I feel sorry for you Kobayashi.

Feb 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #1,610 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightwalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After some back and forth emails with Kaysen the expected shipping date of my UE11 extended from 29/1 -> 1/2 -> 4/2 -> inform later.

Ya but it's ok for me as far as Fisher can ensure quality. I still prefer waiting for just one time rather than Kobayashi case who stuck in shipping loop. I feel sorry for you Kobayashi.

Good luck on the quality. It's hit or miss.

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #1,613 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightwalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
another 2 days waiting....so they can ship mine on ...next week
frown.gif

Ya, interestingly enough, when I did get them for the first time, they were marked with a date over 2 weeks before I actually got them.

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #1,615 of 2,837
The received my original order on 12/30. I got my reshell on 1/15 (they shipped them only 2 days after their original quote of 7 business days I think). I sent them back for a rebuild and they received them on 1/22. They shipped out the new ones yesterday, and they'll be here tomorrow 2/5. Pretty much each build has taken 2 weeks plus a day or two, which is fine (and expected) by me.

I think the trick is to call them a few times to check up on the status and make sure that they are shipping out that afternoon (or whatever they said they'd be doing).

I just hope that my rebuilds fit perfectly this time!

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #1,616 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if that's a new policy given how many returns they've been taking back because it certainly wasn't their policy over the past two months.

I received mine back about 3 weeks ago, and had 4 prepaid 2-day UPS labels included (FOUR!!). Not sure why so many. Also had 2 prepaid impression boxes for US mail.

I had to send them back in for a refit on one side - seal wasn't quite as good. Who knows if it was the impression or the manufacture, fairly low hassle with free return shipping (audiologist gave a free remold as well).

Perhaps my standards are lower than others, but with stuff this custom - I'm fairly forgiving of glitches, particularly for the price.

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #1,617 of 2,837
I'm just wondering how long people are expecting it will take if they sent it to a place like UM?

While Fisher is certainly overwhelmed, they've always been pretty good about resolving issues when there are any.

Kobayashi was asking them to try doing something they never done before. Compound that with the triple.fi deal dropping right in the middle of all of it and there were bound to be issues.

I'm not going to cheerlead for them yet since I still have an outstanding issue with my cable they haven't addressed, but in the end if you go in with reasonable expectations I don't see why you wont be pleased with the outcome.

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #1,618 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by newmanium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received mine back about 3 weeks ago, and had 4 prepaid 2-day UPS labels included (FOUR!!). Not sure why so many. Also had 2 prepaid impression boxes for US mail.

I had to send them back in for a refit on one side - seal wasn't quite as good. Who knows if it was the impression or the manufacture, fairly low hassle with free return shipping (audiologist gave a free remold as well).

Perhaps my standards are lower than others, but with stuff this custom - I'm fairly forgiving of glitches, particularly for the price.

I received my first set 3 weeks ago as well but I didn't get any of that stuff in my box. I don't mind that mine had to go back for a refit but I think I would feel differently if I had to send mine back 5 times!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kobayashi was asking them to try doing something they never done before. Compound that with the triple.fi deal dropping right in the middle of all of it and there were bound to be issues.

I also think the issue is that they weren't really experienced with reshelling the EBs but Kaysen did say on here that the could reshell them with no problem since they are in their own enclosure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back