IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 25, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,471 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the Y portion is large enough to wear in front of your head.

100% agreed. Glad to hear it's not just me having this issue. I don't really care for having the cable behind my head, but with this cable it's my only choice. Guess I start saving for for a UE11 cable.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #1,472 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It just gets slightly annoying to see the same questions posted nearly once per page, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
smily_headphones1.gif

You're not alone on this one. I was about to post the same sort of response.

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #1,473 of 2,837
My remolded Triple Fi's came in the mail today. My first impressions are very positive. They seal really well, and are extremely comfy to wear. The sound is great too. These phones didn't have any burn in before hand and had hardly been used for more then an hour or two. They still sound great.
I'll post pics later, my only complaint is that fisher didn't match the color i sent them at all, but it just sits in my ears where i can't see them, so it really isn't that big of a deal.

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #1,474 of 2,837
Thanks
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My guess is that the seal is better because you reversed the IEMs. When reversed, I feel like the IEM itself is at a more natural angle, which gives many people a better seal.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #1,477 of 2,837
i dont know if this was already discussed, but i visited them in just a few days ago and apparently they have recently been successful at reusing the original sockets from the ue tf10.

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #1,478 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanrocks321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont know if this was already discussed, but i visited them in just a few days ago and apparently they have recently been successful at reusing the original sockets from the ue tf10.

huh? you cant use the tf10 cable in the remolds. first thing, the tf10 cables pins are too small. second, the tf10 cable's rubber housing overhangs so ud have to trim the excess so that u can push the cables all the way in. believe me, ive tried.

if u think not having ur remolds is bad, try having the pieces but having a non-functioning cable? mine just stare at me and laugh....

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #1,479 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0ssumjenkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
huh? you cant use the tf10 cable in the remolds. first thing, the tf10 cables pins are too small. second, the tf10 cable's rubber housing overhangs so ud have to trim the excess so that u can push the cables all the way in. believe me, ive tried.

So you say that I can't use stock UE cables with customs? Why then I saw people using UE custom cables with UE super/triple.fi?

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #1,480 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by piotrus-g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you say that I can't use stock UE cables with customs? Why then I saw people using UE custom cables with UE super/triple.fi?

from the thread ive come to 2 conclusions with this...

either they modded the pins on the tf10 cable by crimping the ends or they never had the fisher cables so the connection on the monitors wasnt made bigger to begin with. i'm not 100%, they maybe manageable but in my experience they come out fairly easily... i'm just reporting what ive experienced.

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #1,481 of 2,837
UE custom cables can be used with stock UE universals, but they are slightly larger pins in both length and width. I have used UE custom cables with my SF5 Pro for awhile.

Fisher uses their own socket for the reshell, which probably has holes that are slightly too wide for the other cables (UE, Westone, etc.) which is why they crimp the ends in order to get a tight fit.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #1,483 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanrocks321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a TF10vi I wanted to send in so I emailed Kaysen about keeping the stock cables. This was her reply:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaysen via email
You can use the TF10 cable if you would like. We have figured out a way to keep the stock socket. Our cables will not fit into this stock socket though.

I was torn on getting their cable, an upgraded cable, or keeping the stock one, but I liked the idea of keeping an iphone mic on the cable, so I asked to keep it stock. Mailed it in yesterday, we'll see how it goes.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #1,485 of 2,837
I read the thread (and used search
smily_headphones1.gif
) about issues with stock cable, but wondered if it was because it didn't really work with their socket, but if they reuse the stock socket, maybe it'd be fine?

Can anyone give me a recap of their cables opinions again? I really wanted a mic as it'd also let me be on conf calls outside the office, and all the reviews of inline addition mics are mixed. But I don't want to sacrific audio quality if that's what the TF10vi stock cable means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back