IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 25, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #1,456 of 2,837
After a few days of wearing and listening my TF10s...I think my left ear needs some "fattening" up on the canal portion. I lose the tiniest amount of seal and I can hear ambient sounds (ceiling fans, kids yelling across the house, etc.) At first I thought my right ear was too tight, but I'm accustomed now to the fit on my right side...it doesn't lose seal at all, even when I smile or turn my head. Will most likely send the left ear bac to Fisher for their magic touch. FYI - this is my first set of customs.

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #1,458 of 2,837
I had to send my earbuds back on thursday due to my right ear not having a good seal

I wouldn't worry though, they take care of you even if it is a fit issue (you ship back at not cost to you, and no cost back.)

Don't worry, there has been many, many more people with good fits than non.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #1,460 of 2,837
I just did the Flip flop mod on my TF10's and the bass seemed deeper and the vocals are more up front, making the highs not AS pronounced as they used to be. I think they sound more rich and full, more balanced I would say (dunno if its a good thing or not so far). I was wondering if this is because the seal is tighter or because of the reversing of the earphones changed something. If it is because if the tighter seal I am wondering if this is how they would sound when customed.

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #1,462 of 2,837
How well are customs supposed to seal ambient noise? I feel like I am getting excellent sound out of these with nice bass response but while on campus I can still hear large trucks etc. driving past on the street. (Small cars etc. I cannot hear while music is playing.)

If I press repeatedly on the customs (sort of like a plunger effect) it creates a nice suction and seems to block out a lot more ambient sound but leaves my head feeling "stuffed" and the sound is not so good.

Any ideas? Or is this normal?

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #1,463 of 2,837
Forgive me if this has been asked a billion times. Can Fisher to custom molds for ANY IEM or just a specific list. I have Senn IE8's that I am having troubles finding the right fit/seal. Was thinking about customs. Thanks in advance.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #1,466 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any IEM with balanced armature drivers only, and the SF5 EB.

It's not that hard to find the answers to some of these questions, most of them are in the first post. You guys aren't even trying.

Wow man. No need to be a jerk about it. It's posts like this that discourage newer Head-Fiers from asking questions and learning about this stuff. Like I have no idea what balanced armature drivers are or even if my IE8s have those, but now I'm not going to ask the question because I know I will get flamed (by you, likely). Jeesh.

There was no mention in the first post about IE8s specifically, nor have there been any solid answers when doing a "Search this thread". I was just curious if there have been any new findings that someone had not posted.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #1,467 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow man. No need to be a jerk about it. It's posts like this that discourage newer Head-Fiers from asking questions and learning about this stuff. Like I have no idea what balanced armature drivers are or even if my IE8s have those, but now I'm not going to ask the question because I know I will get flamed (by you, likely). Jeesh.

There was no mention in the first post about IE8s specifically, nor have there been any solid answers when doing a "Search this thread". I was just curious if there have been any new findings that someone had not posted.

I didn't mean to be rude or anything. I'm running on zero hours of sleep and I'm kind of grumpy.
wink.gif

And I realize now that that information isn't in the original post as I thought it was. I thought that it was, considering it was clearly stated countless times in this thread.

I also assumed that you would know the difference between a balanced armature and a dynamic driver IEM since you've been a member for almost a year and have 300+ posts. Typically the first thing that people learn about IEMs is the difference between the two, in my opinion. I didn't consider that maybe you posted more in the full size forum or whatever, or maybe you just never learned.

Anyway, I apologize for responding in a possibly offensive way. It just gets slightly annoying to see the same questions posted nearly once per page, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #1,468 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't mean to be rude or anything. I'm running on zero hours of sleep and I'm kind of grumpy.
wink.gif

And I realize now that that information isn't in the original post as I thought it was. I thought that it was, considering it was clearly stated countless times in this thread.

I also assumed that you would know the difference between a balanced armature and a dynamic driver IEM since you've been a member for almost a year and have 300+ posts. Typically the first thing that people learn about IEMs is the difference between the two, in my opinion. I didn't consider that maybe you posted more in the full size forum or whatever, or maybe you just never learned.

Anyway, I apologize for responding in a possibly offensive way. It just gets slightly annoying to see the same questions posted nearly once per page, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apology accepted and you actually hit the nail on the head. I have been all over the full-size forum since I joined and am just moving into the realm of IEMs.

My questions have been answered now
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #1,469 of 2,837
My fit is pretty darn good.. I can break the seal if I do certain things, but nothing is 'perfect'

The only complaint I have is with the Fisher cables. I don't think the Y portion is large enough to wear in front of your head. They are perfect for musicians wearing them behind their head though. I've broken both cables I've purchased while swapping the actual monitors to another cable. One had a pin pull out and the other came apart on at the part you grab to pull them out.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #1,470 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My fit is pretty darn good.. I can break the seal if I do certain things, but nothing is 'perfect'

The only complaint I have is with the Fisher cables. I don't think the Y portion is large enough to wear in front of your head. They are perfect for musicians wearing them behind their head though. I've broken both cables I've purchased while swapping the actual monitors to another cable. One had a pin pull out and the other came apart on at the part you grab to pull them out.

what cable did you switch to after the fisher mishaps? and which fisher cables did you break?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back