IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 23, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #1,441 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewonderfulnoise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to get the black fisher cable but after seeing all your issues with the fishers I decided to go with the UE custom. Is the fisher cable the same pinset as the UE one?

they actually arent interestingly enough. the fisher cable pins are SLIGHTLY bigger. since i had problems with my fisher cable, i actually drove down to ultimate ears (i live 15 minutes away) and went to go buy the cable. when i plugged them in, they sit fine but they arent nearly as tight as they are with the fisher cable.... usable yes? but after the solid feeling connection with the fisher cable, it doesn't really compare.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #1,443 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone/JHA cable then? they have slightly bigger pins than the UE.

dunno. never had a westone / jha cable. but if u want to send me some to test ill be more then happy to let u know
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #1,444 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0ssumjenkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they actually arent interestingly enough. the fisher cable pins are SLIGHTLY bigger. since i had problems with my fisher cable, i actually drove down to ultimate ears (i live 15 minutes away) and went to go buy the cable. when i plugged them in, they sit fine but they arent nearly as tight as they are with the fisher cable.... usable yes? but after the solid feeling connection with the fisher cable, it doesn't really compare.

Poo sticks.... I guess I'm gonna have to send over a ue cable. I'll call on monday and let them know I'm sending it.

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #1,445 of 2,837
I just received my Fisher TF10 customs yesterday. I love them! The fit is perfect. The seal I get on these is better than the TF10s with the comply tips. The seal is so good, I actually have a hard time getting these out of my ears! Unlike the comply tips, I don't get that somewhat muddy sound. The sound is very nice and detailed and the bass is there.

Fisher did a great job with the color I wanted. I also got the black Fisher cable, it seems quite nice.

All in all, this was well worth the money and the wait.

I will post some pics later in the owners thread.

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #1,446 of 2,837
OK after my epic fail attempt to buy a pair of IE8 used (FAKES!) I am now back to square one (the seller agreed to refund me). But now I am paranoid about buying IE8 from anyone but authorised resellers and I am looking at cost of $350 which is a bit out of my range at the moment. So I am looking at the custom option on my TF10 again. I finally found a tip that I could get a decent seal without them bothering me to much so I now have a better idea of how good these could sound, but I want to get some assurance from those of you who have done the custom route.

If I custom my TF10 will I end up with more forward mids and does the bass increase? Will all my comfort issues go away? Finally how hard is it to take these out of my ear (I want to use these at work and need to be able to quickly remove them to talk with co-workers)? Lastly does the custom shell change the soundstage? I would hate to lose any soundstage thats present now as it is just enough to be satisfying but if it increases the soundstage that would be a bonus in my mind.

Or should I simply accept I need to save up $350 and get the IE8?

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #1,447 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK after my epic fail attempt to buy a pair of IE8 used (FAKES!) I am now back to square one (the seller agreed to refund me). But now I am paranoid about buying IE8 from anyone but authorised resellers and I am looking at cost of $350 which is a bit out of my range at the moment. So I am looking at the custom option on my TF10 again. I finally found a tip that I could get a decent seal without them bothering me to much so I now have a better idea of how good these could sound, but I want to get some assurance from those of you who have done the custom route.

If I custom my TF10 will I end up with more forward mids and does the bass increase? Will all my comfort issues go away? Finally how hard is it to take these out of my ear (I want to use these at work and need to be able to quickly remove them to talk with co-workers)? Lastly does the custom shell change the soundstage? I would hate to lose any soundstage thats present now as it is just enough to be satisfying but if it increases the soundstage that would be a bonus in my mind.

Or should I simply accept I need to save up $350 and get the IE8?

You can find answers to most of your questions by just reading this thread. Everyone wrote impressions. Mine have been nothing but positive.

One thing I would note - is that I wouldn't use these at work, because they take a little bit of work to pull out. The seal is so tight, I'd be afraid of causing damage by pulling them out quickly to talk someone. It would be awkward in front of a coworker at best.

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #1,448 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can find answers to most of your questions by just reading this thread. Everyone wrote impressions. Mine have been nothing but positive.

One thing I would note - is that I wouldn't use these at work, because they take a little bit of work to pull out. The seal is so tight, I'd be afraid of causing damage by pulling them out quickly to talk someone. It would be awkward in front of a coworker at best.

Yep...and you can't hear the phone ring or someone walk into a room. Kinda hazardous if you ask me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #1,449 of 2,837
OK thanks Polloloco and Brim, that was one of my biggest concerns. I will deliberate on this. I like the idea of the better sound but this won't work for the application I had in mind.

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #1,450 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK thanks Polloloco and Brim, that was one of my biggest concerns. I will deliberate on this. I like the idea of the better sound but this won't work for the application I had in mind.

With all types of IEMS, you wont be able to hear phone or coworker walk in, as some other member mentioned. It will be hard to insert and reinsert IEMS quickly regardless of whether they are customs or not. So, unless u have a work environment where u dont have to worry about constant ringing of the phone or random interruptions by coworkers, I would consider something other than IEMS

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #1,452 of 2,837
I use the TF10 right now and yes they do block out alot of noise but not all noise and I simply flip them out of my ears when I want to talk. Having said that I have tried and think I ay go back to over the ear headphones, preferably a pair that is an open deisgn so I can hear the people around me more easily, then I will use the TF10 only when I want to block out more sound for concentration. BTW I find most universal IEM's easy to put in and take out, I am sure customs will not be quite so simple...

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #1,453 of 2,837
So, day 4. I think I may have a very slight fit issue. I was using them while vacuuming today and found that I was able to hear the vacuum much more in the left ear than the right. I very lightly pressed on the bottom tip of the IEM closest to my lobe and it quieted right down. The sound didn't change any but I couldn't hear the vacuum as well anymore.

I've a pimple (sorry I know.. gross) on the inside of my ear canal that might be throwing things off slightly. If it's not better after that heals up I might need to try the ol clear nail polish trick.

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #1,454 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if Fisher Hearing remolds custom IEM's?

Yes. They posted earlier about JH11's earlier in the thread - though the post was probably deleted along with Kaysen's other posts.

I also had someone else's reshelled TF10's - reshelled for me.

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #1,455 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, day 4. I think I may have a very slight fit issue. I was using them while vacuuming today and found that I was able to hear the vacuum much more in the left ear than the right. I very lightly pressed on the bottom tip of the IEM closest to my lobe and it quieted right down. The sound didn't change any but I couldn't hear the vacuum as well anymore.

I've a pimple (sorry I know.. gross) on the inside of my ear canal that might be throwing things off slightly. If it's not better after that heals up I might need to try the ol clear nail polish trick.

No - you probably need to just push them in just right, check again when the pimple heals. I'm at my PC, and I find that if I don't push them in just right top and bottom, I can still hear my computer fans.

I have to be deliberate, insert, twist, push the bottom and push the top - then I check to see if I can still hear the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back