IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 21, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #1,397 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*The bass still has great extension, but has lost a little of the thump. I don't get that head rattling thump that I used to get on occasion with the stock trips.

You might have a fit issue. Mine sealed fine (i.e., good consistent isolation between sides, felt like a good seal) but my right IEM was angled strangely at the end of the nozzle, causing the ports to point more towards a wall of my ear canal rather than straight in. Bass was very deep and strong in the left side but very weak in the right.

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #1,398 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great pics! Post them in the Owner's Thread!

Confirmed: The UE11 Custom Cable fits perfectly. And looks incredible. I posted pics in the owner's thread.

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #1,401 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still think yours look better. Maybe the light angle is different.

Thx LN. When I first unboxed them, I was so pysched up from reading this thread that I immediately found myself looking for finish imperfections! There are some tiny bubbles here and there, some minor polish marks, and the sound bores look rough on the inside....BUT I decided that this just must be from the tooling process. I'm ok with tiny blemishes.

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #1,402 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My custom TF10s arrived today! Fisher received my stuff Jan. 5th and I was called yesterday, Jan. 20th, for credit card info, 11 business days of turn around (starting the day after they received). Since I'm so close to them, UPS ground took only one day to deliver.

I bought a Westone ES3 clear 50" cable to go with the remolds. The pins are tight fitting (not as tight as the stock cable pins on the TF10s though - those are tough to get off). The stock TF10 cable pins are very loose now when I tried fitting them into the ES3 port.

I asked for a light trans black. It's more apparent in clear daylight, but I think Fisher nailed the color. The right ear is a bit tight going in, I might send it in for some work but other wise I'm super pleased with the customer service and the final product. And here's some pics (sorry digital camera is not very good)!

SDC11975.jpg

SDC11974.jpg

SDC11972.jpg

SDC11970.jpg

SDC11963.jpg

SDC11962.jpg

SDC11964.jpg

More on the sound later on. I need to gig (I play bass at my church) with these in to get a good feeling for them. So far, they've retained the same sound signature as the stock TF10s, which I'm happy about.

Dang, those look great. I asked for that same exact color so we'll see what happens.

I got a delivery confirmation from USPS today but I haven't gotten a call from them though.... Hmmm, fighting the urge to call but should I?

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #1,405 of 2,837
Hmm. I'm not sure if I am just getting used to the sound or what but it seems like I am not hearing as much sparkle as I did before they were made into customs. I wonder if the cable has anything to do with that as I am using a fisher cable. It seems like the bass is also a little more prominent and the mids do not seem as recessed either.

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #1,406 of 2,837
Do you get what you pay for when going to audiologists?

I have read a larger number than I anticipated getting a less than perfect seal and I'm inclined to believe that it's not Fisher, but the accuracy of the impressions.

Does anyone know how to decipher whether an audiologist knows what he's doing? I'd rather pay a little more for peace of mind rather than going for the absolute bargain basement price. Are you guys just bringing in the sheet that is on UE's site that says how to do impressions?

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #1,407 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by pufftissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you get what you pay for when going to audiologists?

I have read a larger number than I anticipated getting a less than perfect seal and I'm inclined to believe that it's not Fisher, but the accuracy of the impressions.

Does anyone know how to decipher whether an audiologist knows what he's doing? I'd rather pay a little more for peace of mind rather than going for the absolute bargain basement price. Are you guys just bringing in the sheet that is on UE's site that says how to do impressions?

My impressions only cost me $25 total and my fit is perfect. I did bring the UE sheet with me and she looked at it and said it is exactly what she does anyway. She didn't have a bite block though so I had to hold my mouth open. I'm not sure I would go on cost alone for quality of the impressions.

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #1,408 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4294006952_5d64d77958_m.jpg

EDIT: I've decided to keep them as they are! No re-aligning of artwork!!

I think the girl will be standing upright when you have them in your ears.
popcorn.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #1,410 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you have both the fisher cable and the UE custom cable?

No, fisher was out of stock on their clear, so I went ahead and ordered this from UE. Glad I did. It's gorgeous. Fisher crimped my old one to fit, so I still have that as a backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back