IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 21, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #1,382 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6239955-post655.html

Ok , Thx u very much
smile.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #1,383 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr`Ken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, after reading through this entire forum, it seems to me that most, if not all, the people who re-shelled their Shure SE530's are pretty happy with the results. On my 530's the left ear-bud strain relief ended up coming loose, and can now move freely about the cable (has no effect on SQ whatsoever, but does become a nuisance). I figure I'd try to fix it with glue (but really who wants to take glue to a pair of really nice IEMs?), but then I stumble across the option to do some custom-reshelling. I'd say I'm pretty much on the verge of sending my 530's in to get re-shelled.

So for those of you that did send your 530's in for re-shelling, are you guys happy with your decisions (worth it?)

If you reshell the Shure SE530s, can you choose what cable you want to use like you can with the triplefi's? I'm thinking no, but I just wanted to make sure. I find that the Shure cables are just too short or too long and too bulky.

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #1,386 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is dual bore.

Sounds like it became more neutral but the highs are better. I mean from your impression, that is how i interpret. Hope i didn't go the wrong way but keeping it single bore.

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #1,388 of 2,837
Impressions after 36hrs of triple fi remould ownership:

* Mids are not as veiled as they once were. Vocals are quite a bit further forward in the mix now.
*The separation is still great, but the soundstage is a little more enclosed. That part is a little disappointing for me. I loved the soundstage of the triple-fis. It wowed people when I would turn on psapp's "Upstairs" and have them listen.
*The bass still has great extension, but has lost a little of the thump. I don't get that head rattling thump that I used to get on occasion with the stock trips.

In all the sound seems to be more neutral, but it's missing a couple of the things I really liked about the trips when they were stock. One bonus with the remoulds is I can wear them for hours without even thinking about it now.

If I had to do it again I don't know if I would have them remoulded. We'll see as time passes if that changes. I'm still thinking of picking up a Fiio e5 to see if that brings some of the thump back (would prefer CMOY, but can't afford it).

Jan 21, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #1,389 of 2,837
Really. You think they lost some thump. I feel different. I feel like there is better and more accurate bass. And i am enjoying that. They sound great. Yes the vocals are a little forward. But they still have amazing highs, and now even better bass. But I had seal issues with stock, so that might be why I get more bass now. Because I have a good seal

To clear up custom cables again. the Fisher black cable is not as hard as the Fisher clear cable. Fishers clear is stiffer, and bigger than the black. So I'd recommend you get black or you get clear from westone/UE. But some like fishers clear. I don't want a heavy stiff cable though

I sent my tf10 with the stock cable attached but requested the Fisher black. They shipped them back with stock cables attached to the new customs. So they probably modded them. And also sent the Fisher Black cable in a baggie. I had to pull the stock off and add the Fisher. It was a tight fit

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #1,390 of 2,837
My custom TF10s arrived today! Fisher received my stuff Jan. 5th and I was called yesterday, Jan. 20th, for credit card info, 11 business days of turn around (starting the day after they received). Since I'm so close to them, UPS ground took only one day to deliver.

I bought a Westone ES3 clear 50" cable to go with the remolds. The pins are tight fitting (not as tight as the stock cable pins on the TF10s though - those are tough to get off). The stock TF10 cable pins are very loose now when I tried fitting them into the ES3 port.

I asked for a light trans black. It's more apparent in clear daylight, but I think Fisher nailed the color. The right ear is a bit tight going in, I might send it in for some work but other wise I'm super pleased with the customer service and the final product. And here's some pics (sorry digital camera is not very good)!

SDC11975.jpg

SDC11974.jpg

SDC11972.jpg

SDC11970.jpg

SDC11963.jpg

SDC11962.jpg

SDC11964.jpg

More on the sound later on. I need to gig (I play bass at my church) with these in to get a good feeling for them. So far, they've retained the same sound signature as the stock TF10s, which I'm happy about.

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #1,394 of 2,837
Kaysen just sent me pictures of my customs! However the alignment of my artwork is really weird! I just emailed Kaysen and they said that it was done purpose so that the image would be larger. I still think it looks odd though. But other that, it looks pretty good. I shall upload photos here to show you guys what I asked for and what they produced in terms of colour and artwork. I think this will greatly help anyone who is going to make an order!

This is the picture of my customs Kaysen just emailed me!
4293980182_6d4210b5de.jpg

I gotta say that the colour is exactly what I asked for. From the pictures, i think the biggest difference in the shells UM and Fisher Hearing makes (in terms of aesthetics) is that UM's one has a really really high gloss finish whereas Fisher Hearing's one is slightly more "matt". And i think most people prefer the really high gloss finish. But i'm okay with this. In fact, I think they look pretty damn awesome! (:)

To add, Kaysen's customer service is top notch. She emailed me the moment they got my impressions and my drivers. I sent many queries and they were all answered within 1 or 2 days.

Anyway here are the pictures of what I sent them!

This is the colour I asked for.
4293258573_2ffe48353c.jpg

And this is what I sent them regarding the alignment of my artwork.
4293983682_0b2707983d.jpg

I also sent separate images of the artwork that I wanted done on a black background.

So yup! I cant wait to hear them and I can't decide if i should get the artwork re-aligned. This is what i THINK it'll look like in my ear. Yuppp, i think the girl will almost be lying down. =\ But they did it this way because "the position on the girl is because we wanted to give you the biggest image possible. If we were to rotate this image we would have to reduce the size by more than half". Hmm so should i get it re-aligned?
4294006952_5d64d77958_m.jpg

EDIT: I've decided to keep them as they are! No re-aligning of artwork!!

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #1,395 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny you say that, because I emailed Kaysen this photo of a JH13 for matching the light transparent black (smoke black etc.)

I still think yours look better. Maybe the light angle is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back