IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 20, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #1,351 of 2,837
Visit the Jerry Harvey website (google it) and if you look around, there are instructions on getting impressions. Basics are open jaw and to the "second bend."

As for cable, there is no consensus. If you want to keep the stock cable, seems they mod the cable to fit the Customs, not the best alternative in my view. In fact, the worst.

The Fisher cables and the Westone ES cables both fit the customs. I assume the UE Customs do too, but I have no first-hand knowledge. The Null cables are apparently only for the stock TF10s, or you will need to do the same modding to them with the customs.

Again, if the stock cable is fine with you, just be aware that there is a mod that "force fits" it for the custom socket. I have not seen anywhere that Fisher will leave the original socket in place, because I think it doesn't work with custom shells.

Do the easy thing and ask Kaysen.

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #1,352 of 2,837
Has anyone had Klipsch X10s done by Fisher? Impressions if so? Thanks!

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #1,353 of 2,837
Wow.. gone for 4-5 days and the thread has 20 more pages. Screw catching up.. lol

How is everyone liking there customs?

I'm glad I got in on the 4-5 day turn around. instead of how long it is now.

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #1,354 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow.. gone for 4-5 days and the thread has 20 more pages. Screw catching up.. lol

How is everyone liking there customs?

I'm glad I got in on the 4-5 day turn around. instead of how long it is now.

This is the answer from Kaysen
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Yes we received them on Friday 1/15. And I am telling everyone now that it will be 10-12 business days.

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #1,355 of 2,837
I got mine yesterday. They look good, seal well (once I went through the insertion/extraction learning curve) and sound good.

I bought the Fisher clear cable - it looks good but is pretty stiff. I worked with it to get the initial "kinks" out of it, but there's no way to reasonably coil that cable and store the iems in the original triple-fi aluminum case. Do any of you have any case recommendations?

Thanks,
Richard

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #1,356 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by catfud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine yesterday. They look good, seal well (once I went through the insertion/extraction learning curve) and sound good.

I bought the Fisher clear cable - it looks good but is pretty stiff. I worked with it to get the initial "kinks" out of it, but there's no way to reasonably coil that cable and store the iems in the original triple-fi aluminum case. Do any of you have any case recommendations?

Thanks,
Richard

I'm using a black Fisher cable with mine and I am able to use the original Triple Fi case. I just wrap the cable around three fingers and that allows me to fit it in there. The cable is pretty stiff but not more so than the original triple fi cable IMO.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #1,357 of 2,837
I've seen the Pelican 1010 I think it is and the Otterbox would both work.

I read earlier in this thread about someone using a blowdrier and massaging the cable to loosen it up. I don't have mine yet so I don't know if that actually works.

I'm getting the black fisher cable on mine too so I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do too

Oh and 10-12 days? poop... welp We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the heads up on the QC issues. I thought about doing the rush on mine but I think I'll just let them work at their own pace.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #1,358 of 2,837
I have a Pelican 1020 case that holds my mp3 player plus headphones, but I would like something for the headphones alone when I'm going to a mixing gig.

I like Pelican, but ideally, I would have something "pocketable" for the headphones only. Maybe the Fisher clear cable will loosen up after a while.

Richard

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #1,360 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, the Westone site has all ES Cables with L plugs.

Thanks for the reply because I emailed westone to see if they could modify the cable for me with a straight plug. A shame since I liked the the cable and the $40.00 price.

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #1,361 of 2,837
I have to go on record at this point that I'm not a fan of the Fisher clear cable. I've had the customs for less than a day and on the right side the memory wire has popped out of the connector and in the process broken the stress relief.

I'm really hoping they'll cross ship a cable for me.

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #1,362 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelousmarvyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply because I emailed westone to see if they could modify the cable for me with a straight plug. A shame since I liked the the cable and the $40.00 price.

Couldn't you just buy the longer 60" cable and cut off the L plug and re-terminate with a straight?

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #1,364 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could even do it with the 46" (?) cable and only lose an inch or two. The issue is that not everyone is comfortable with reterminating cables and might not have all the right supplies.

Yes this is definitely me someone who is not comfortable.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #1,365 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to go on record at this point that I'm not a fan of the Fisher clear cable. I've had the customs for less than a day and on the right side the memory wire has popped out of the connector and in the process broken the stress relief.

I'm really hoping they'll cross ship a cable for me.

Sorry about that one. Mine are still working fine but I don't like how stiff it is. Haven't tried the blowdryer yet though. I hope they will cross ship for you. Im sure you are still under warranty though at least. What do you think of the build quality. In your pics they look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back