IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 12, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #1,172 of 2,837
they received mine on 12/28 and it was supposed to be shipped out today too... but was told that they had to repour the shell as there were bubbles in the first one. Kaysen promised me it'll be ship out tomorrow overnight free of charge..... im leaving for a trip on thursday, here's keeping my finger cross!!

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #1,173 of 2,837
Got an e-mail from Kaysen today saying that I'd be getting pics either today or tomorrow...well it's past 12AM so I suppose I should say either yesterday or today.
biggrin.gif

Either way I'm pretty excited and I'm ripping my first CD into FLAC to celebrate
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #1,176 of 2,837
I'm kinda confused. I've been told by Kaysen about every day for the last few days that they would be ready either the next day or today and they would be shipping out, but they still haven't. Not a deal breaker obviously, I'm just getting a bit nervous at this point.

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #1,177 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not banned, just guest status. Can't post but can read the threads.

the google spider is also in guest status. but that's not helpful in answering questions about a product.

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #1,178 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by specto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm kinda confused. I've been told by Kaysen about every day for the last few days that they would be ready either the next day or today and they would be shipping out, but they still haven't. Not a deal breaker obviously, I'm just getting a bit nervous at this point.

Mine arrived last night, testing out the different cables (ES, Fisher, stock), but the fit is perfect. I just think Kaysen leans to the optimistic side on delivery days, but they are just overwhelmed. Is she overpromising? Maybe a shade, but nothing to stress over. They will get there. Notning nefarious going on down in Lake Mary.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #1,179 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by gL1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it was supposed to be shipped out today too... but was told that they had to repour the shell as there were bubbles in the first one. Kaysen promised me it'll be ship out tomorrow overnight free of charge..

Let me just point out that I believe this to be a sign of excellent service. It's very encouraging that, after some on the forum earlier pointed out being dissapointed with the bubbles, that they're making sure to do them over if necessary before sending them out - rather than what most companies would do: just send them out, then if you get them and complain long and hard enough, and pay your own return postage, "fix" them for you.

Plus free overnight shipping? This is really quite an operation.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #1,181 of 2,837
You talking to me?

Already posted (see below) earlier, one excellent shot from Kaysen. Features the ES cable.

So far,seems to me the ES cable is the winner (over the Fisher cable), as the sound sig is somewhat more airy, but not that different than the stock TF10 sound. Of course, the ES cable cost twice the Fisher cable ($40 vs. $20).

I do feel the bass is a little more recessed with the custom tips over the Sony Hybrids tips I use with the stock pair I still have. Could be the cable, but no way to tell because the new socket does not allow me to use the OEM cable any more (the pins are too small, and the sound cuts in and out). Also might be the custom in-ear depth, not sure.

All in all, very happy with the move and would do it again. Also glad I have two pair, because there may be times I need the stock pair as well. As far as isolation, the customs don't isolate as much as I would have thought. For one, I sent Fisher a pair of old custom sleeves I had made by FutureSonics, not new impressions. They scanned the custom sleeves to make my pair, and it worked very well because I knew the fit would be right (new impressions are not always on the money, which I sort of found out with my UM56s).

Now, with my new pair of Westone 2s on the way (bought them used here), I will be set with two excellent pair of IEMs both at $200 or so.

Anyway, no extensive reviews of the TF10 custom sound, because as I noted, it's pretty much close to the stock sound, which is fine with me. And the Sony X EQ also can help with these phones, of course. Out of the Zune80, no EQ, they sound excellent and same with the Clip+ and flac tracks. Not using them with the Amp3s due to hiss issues.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6298201-post1130.html

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #1,183 of 2,837
Got e-mail from Kaysen. Not looking good for getting me pics or getting mine shipped out today. On the upside, the FLAC rip of my new Kings of Convenience CD worked so I'll have some high quality music to test them out with.

(man...does the F in FLAC stand for FOREVER? Because that's exactly how long it took to rip that CD.
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #1,184 of 2,837
I got pictures, and paid for the overnight shipping so I could get them tomorrow. All in all, they were around 2 days later than had been estimated. Not too shabby considering the overflow of orders I'm sure are coming from head-fi.

davidmorton-albums-tf10-picture4448-view-1-my-reshelled-tf10s-fisher-hearing.jpg

davidmorton-albums-tf10-picture4449-view-2-my-reshelled-tf10s-fisher-hearing.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back