IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 28, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #856 of 2,837
OK guys, I got my pictures today from Kaysen. I'm extremely exited about this. They look great, I'll have do to a detailed inspection when they get home. But I'm pretty satisfied so far. the Color was exactly what I was expecting and hoping for. I told her to do the artwork however she thought would look good. I had her simply add TF10-C to the RIGHT side only, she only charged me half the artwork fee. I didn't really want anything extreme. and I thought it would look simple and nice. and it does!

Also, as my own X-Mas gift to myself. Kaysen was nice enough to lazer 122509 for the date instead of today. So I can always remember I got them on Christmas. (Or around it) They look great. I'm like a little girl right now with joy. haha. My first customs! Here's the 2 pictures that Kaysen sent me, not the best lighting, and one with a flash. But they are good. I want to point out a few things. one is that I have a Westone Elite cable here, I also bought the Fisher Black (thinner and softer than the fisher Clear) but she took photo with the stock cable for some reason.. I wont be using the stock cable unless I need the mic later in life.

The second point I wanted to make, was the NOT round shape of the canal part in the second photo it's not as round as most I've seen, more tall and thin.. don't be alarmed. that is the way my ears are, the impressionist said the same thing. and I feel that is why I struggled to get a solid seal with almost all of the Universals I tried. Now. on to the good stuff.

BOOYA! oh and the cap looks to maybe have a fingerprint on it.. It should wipe away. I highly doubt thats on there for good.

I want to Personally Thank Kaysen for all her hard work, for putting up with all my emails and questions. as well as for her being very nice, & fast to respond. (Great communication always is a plus) especially when ordering something custom. She was very professional, called me this afternoon for credit card info. Thats top customer support IMO. Now lets wait and see how they fit.

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #857 of 2,837
tf10custom.png

^ My dream
frown.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #858 of 2,837
lol, that looks pretty nice also. is that from Fisher? that black looks really nice, weird art though. but it works.

Dec 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #859 of 2,837
I changed one of the photos from the front page to black, the colour I would like myself. And don't diss my datamatrix, mr cleavage!

Dec 28, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #861 of 2,837
wow.. well try to find another audiologist

Dec 28, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #862 of 2,837
I found another one that can get me in tomorrow morning but it would cost $50 as opposed to $25 for the one that canceled. I'm waiting to talk to the manager of the original office to see when she'll be back to work, because if it's a matter of a day or two I might stick with her, as she seemed really nice and it cost only $25, but if they can't reschedule me for a week or whatever I might just go with the $50 one. Either way I'm kind of bummed because I am very impatient
wink.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #863 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
W

(Lil Knight I hope you don't mind, I'm stealing your color scheme
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Go for it! I also stole the color scheme from someone else LOL.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK guys, I got my pictures today from Kaysen.

Looks really great. I really can't wait for come back from the trip.

Dec 29, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #864 of 2,837
hello all. I just found my camera today even though I received these on 12/24. They fit well, but the right shell doesn't stay put. it pops out of it's seal very quickly. From the impressions though, they looked to be accurately made. So I decided I would call my audiologist and fisher hearing today, 12/28, to see if they can redo the right shell. The left one fits well and doesn't pop out of it's seal, even when I'm singing which is great, exactly what I wanted. They sounded great to me, with no noticeable loss in the treble, and a minor, but ultimately insignificant increase in the bass response. I'll reserve my final review for when they fit properly.

My audiologist was able to fit me in today at 3 PM. Got another impression, no charge, and then called Kaysen to tell her I was sending them back in. She said turn around time should be about 3 days since I've already sent them in before and it's just one ear. Given all their orders though, we'll see. It's fine if it takes a little longer as long as it's well made. I shipped it priority mail around 4 PM, so they should get it on wednesday.

The specks you see in the third picture are in fact bubbles, but to the naked eye, they're not too noticeable. I also don't care much, since they function well and the faceplate is solid black. I like to see the internals, so I'm glad I got the clear, but if you're worried about bubbles, I'd recommend any color other than clear. I like the solid black, as I have medium brown skin, so it kinda blends in well and doesn't stand out too much. I might end up getting a black UE cable to replace the clear UE cable I got to make it a bit more inconspicuous...

Enjoy the pics!
o2smile.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #868 of 2,837
Ya huh. I'm way exited about the color. I made sure kaysen knew I wanted a good seethrough blue. I said not to dark, but I dont want ice blue. I sent a few pics with my phones and looks like they were able to make it look the same. I couldn't be happier about the color. Now hopefully they fit as good as they look

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #869 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The build quality is better and better. Hopefully you'll get a perfect fit.

p.s Lemme know if you want to let the clear cable go, I'm thinking of getting one for my TF10.

yeah, hopefully the second time around will get a better fit. i'm hopeful! i'll PM you if I decide to get the black UE cable to replace the clear one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back