IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 23, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #796 of 2,837
I really hope I like the sound of my TF10's, those pics of your customs looks awesome russya.

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #797 of 2,837
Thanks Russya. Nice post and the pics are great.

I'm really looking forward to my first custom IEM's. As you said, it's pretty much a no-brainer for those that were able to get the TF10's at the sale price.

I've been spending a lot of time with my TF10's and I'm pretty sure that once my second pair from Amazon get's here that they'll get the Fisher treatment as well. I find that the comfort of the TF10's is a bit lacking after a while.

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #799 of 2,837
Nice pictures Russya!

I ordered one side in translucent dark blue as well. The other side will be translucent black. Decided to go with some color after all instead of clear. I did not get any artwork though.

Fisher said they should be able to turn mine around in time for my trip...coincidentally I'm traveling to Florida for the Disney Marathon in Orlando. I should have just taken a trip over to Lake Mary to pick them up personally!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #800 of 2,837
Wow those looks so cool, thanks for sharing. First I have seen with sparkle, looks very nice. It's always one ear or the other that doesnt have the correct fit it seems like, better than both not fitting I guess. I'm glad to hear that the one good side still sound very similar to the original universals because I love them very much.

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #804 of 2,837
You will enjoy them dweaver. There is a reason they used to cost so much. Thy have a mid hump but still sound great.

Agh I am so impatient, i can't wait for my customs to get here, and lucky for me a week later my AD900s will arrive. I'm exited about those as well. Dweaver, I see you own some AD900s. How do they sound from the iPod touch?? Probably will sound better from my PC X-Fi though right?
wink.gif

And your green impressions look fine. Mine were green, at least they aren't pink

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #805 of 2,837
The AD900 actually sounds pretty good through the Ipod Touch, but if your soundcard has a high impedance headphone jack they will have more pop through your soundcard. The nice thing about the AD900 is their ability to sound good even on lower powered devices.

I suspect that from what I have read about the TF10 they will have alot in comon with the AD900 which will make the AD900 a great fullsize open option for you. I suspect if you have a quiet environment the AD900 may become your headphone of choice at home. But the TF10 will be a much better choice in noisy environments.

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #806 of 2,837
Any recs on reasonably priced audiologists in the San Francisco Bay Area? Preferably peninsula or South Bay.

Thanks.

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #807 of 2,837
got my custom triple.fi's back from fisher hearing earlier today. I listened to them for a few hours. the left earmold fits and seals excellently, unfortunately the right earmold pops out of the seal quickly and is uncomfortable. I'm going to contact InearZ tomorrow about this and see what they can do about it.

From the impressions they sent back to me though, it looks like it was made right on the money. I think I'm going to contact my audiologist tomorrow and see if I can get another impression of my right ear to sent off to Fisher Hearing.

Other than that, sound quality is great, no significant change in sound signature from my stock triple.fi's. Very happy overall, just one minor problem. hopefully I'll get it resolved soon.

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #809 of 2,837
Yes pics, pics, and more pics

oh and oldskool. Go to westone.com and go to custom area and Then search for audiologist in ur area by zip code or I'd do what I did. Go to ultimate ears site and do the same thing, they only list a few they personally as a business recommend. That is who I used in Vegas. They do about 10 or more a day they said. Mine looked good

thanks for the response dweaver. Ya I'm going to use them in a quiet area. And they will be my only cans after I sell the ad500 if I like them. So of course they will get all the play, and gaming use. But the TF10s are going everywhere with me

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #810 of 2,837
@oldskool,

You can also just email Kaysen with your zip code, and she'll get you back a list very quickly.

I ended up finding an audiologist in Houston that would do it for me for free, but she was out of ear mold supplies. I couldn't wait however, so I found an Audiologist in Lake Charles (where I'm visiting family) who would do it for $15. I sent them off yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back