IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 7, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #481 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's already been answered multiple times.

I'll be picking up my UE5EBs this week unless they need to be remolded due to fit issues. Looking forward to it. Might also send them some TF10s.

I'd take that as a yes then. Tried searching but to no avail.

Dec 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #482 of 2,837
If you bought the 10vi's via the Amazon deal, is it possible to get these impressions done and still have the built in mic work? Or would I have to just go with the custom cable that I see everyone using?

Dec 7, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #483 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceekay84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd take that as a yes then. Tried searching but to no avail.

Ok, this is how it is. If it is a dynamic then NO, if it is armature then YES. There is only ONE exception to this and that is the EB's

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #484 of 2,837
Sorry for the repost, just hoping to get an answer.

I have a pair of custom sleeves for my scl4's, and every once in a while, the nozzle of one of the earphones gets clogged somehow and i have to replace it (cleaning doesnt help). Not a problem since the sleeves are removable, but if this was to happen with a reshelled tf10, how do you replace the nozzle if the need arises, just send it back to have it reworked on, i assume?

Am i to assume ive been super unlucky with my scl4 nozzles and no one ever changes theirs? lol, just wondering.

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #485 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeropa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the repost, just hoping to get an answer.

I have a pair of custom sleeves for my scl4's, and every once in a while, the nozzle of one of the earphones gets clogged somehow and i have to replace it (cleaning doesnt help). Not a problem since the sleeves are removable, but if this was to happen with a reshelled tf10, how do you replace the nozzle if the need arises, just send it back to have it reworked on, i assume?

Am i to assume ive been super unlucky with my scl4 nozzles and no one ever changes theirs? lol, just wondering.

4iy8mx.jpg

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #486 of 2,837
I have the same problem with the SCL4s; the right one frequently clogs. But, the only time I use them is when I ride a stationary bike, so I do perspire quite a bit. I am on my third pair as the right side has gone out completely on them twice. I think the right side may be going again as the volume is less.

-Pony

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #487 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobDMB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you bought the 10vi's via the Amazon deal, is it possible to get these impressions done and still have the built in mic work? Or would I have to just go with the custom cable that I see everyone using?

I'm wondering the same thing. Just ordered the vi version and it would be awesome to have it work. A saw a picture where the cable appeared to be removable. If I could switch out the cables it would be awesome!

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #488 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmalaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pic

Believe it or not, it has nothing to do with ear wax, the couple times its happened it was out of nowhere, no residue on the sleeve, and the nozzle was completely clean which was incredibly puzzling as to why i would need to change the nozzle since it looked as good as new. Thats my only worry about it with the TF10.

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #492 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceekay84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those custom molds sure look like edible gushers
smily_headphones1.gif

Sidenote: Anyone know where I can get good ear impressions in St Louis area?

If you find someone good, let me know.

Thanks

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #493 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopsider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering the same thing. Just ordered the vi version and it would be awesome to have it work. A saw a picture where the cable appeared to be removable. If I could switch out the cables it would be awesome!

the mic and button are on the cable which is removable. So you can keep the mic functions but you wouldn't be able to switch to one of the custom cables that they offer.

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #494 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the mic and button are on the cable which is removable. So you can keep the mic functions but you wouldn't be able to switch to one of the custom cables that they offer.

Can't you just take it off and use their cable if you don't want the mic function or dont want to use the adaptor? The pictures showed a clearly removable cable.

On a side note, anyone getting their impressions in the Los Angeles/South bay area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back