IEMs in Hong Kong
Dec 5, 2009 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

geralt_ll

Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I'll be heading to Hong Kong in a few day's time. Would like to seek recommendation on IEMs that can be found relatively cheaper there.

Would like to keep the expenditure to about $200 (max $300).

Thinking of getting a combination Klipsch image S2 (or S4) and W3.
I like bass in my music.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 14
Hey watch out for fakes... if the price is MUCH lower that it's too good to be true, it probably is. I've been to Hong Kong before and there are bootleg things everywhere.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 14
Hong Kong's IEMs aren't that much cheaper
just helped you to check for the price
at mingo (it has a very good reputation and you can try out all sorts of IEM/source gear/am/cans there)
a westone 3 is around $3000HKD(which is around 350)

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #7 of 14
try in mong kok (Yau Shing Commercial Centre and Prosperity Building - both close to mongkok mtr station). often you will find prices there cheaper than official prices.

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #8 of 14
It really depends where you go.

Digital Square at Langham Mong Kok offers great prices. I got my ATH-CKS70 there for under 65 USD.

Use www.price.com.hk to find the product you want, and it will list places that have it, including its listing price.

e.g. here is the page for the cks70 Audio Technica ATH-CKS70 - Headphone 耳ç*’ - 隨身數碼 - 香港æ*¼åƒ¹ç¶² Price.com.hk

The site IS in Chinese so it might be a little hard for you to navigate. But I'm pretty sure google translate works pretty well. Usually if you find the address of the shop you can find where it is on google maps.

Dec 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #9 of 14
Personally, my impression is that prices (after discounts online) mentioned in the forums are often cheaper than in most retail outlets in HK. Like the JVC Flats ... I haven't seen them half as cheaper as mentioned in a few threads. That said, Audio Technica's are quite easy to find so if they are more rare in the country you are coming from, that might be a plus.

The bigger plus is that you can find many brands in some stores and you can lay your hands on them rather than just browse online. Mingo has most headphones available for hands (head) on testing which is also a big plus.

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #12 of 14
Thanks for all the help.
It's my first time entering HK, so I'm a little weary about being conned.

I'm looking for a mix of low and high end, particularly Klipsch Image S2, Ortofon, Etys ER4P.
Would keep it to 2 IEMs
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back