IEM's hitting 50hz and under?
Mar 29, 2007 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

TheRH

Headphoneus Supremus
Are there any IEM's that can reach 50hz or lower and fall into the $100-150? I do not plan on using an amp. As for my source I'm using a Zen MIcro with all tracks ripped at 320kbps.

Thanks

Mar 29, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #5 of 48
I listen to the following most often:

The Chemical Brothers
The Crystal Method
Pink Floyd (remasters)
Jamiroquai
Black Label Society
BB King
Eric Clapton
Rush
Dave Matthews
Kraftwerk
ect.

Mar 29, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #8 of 48
Maybe the standard super-fi's (not the EB version) or possibly the vibes for a cheaper alternative.

Mar 29, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #9 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleisgreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 pro

Amazing phone

I seriously disagree with you, but this is of course, my opinion. If the OP wants me to further why I think this, then by all means I shall.

But um...$150...if you save up a bit more, the Shure E4C (420 is the new model name? I forgot) would prob. be the best bet.

Here, I'll give a hint about the 5 Pro: VERY recessed mids. Therefore, vocals will be very veiled, and so will the majority of the instruments.

EDIT: As for the Vibes, they are very good overall, but just be sure that you do not care about how percussion is portrayed...

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #10 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seriously disagree with you, but this is of course, my opinion. If the OP wants me to further why I think this, then by all means I shall.

But um...$150...if you save up a bit more, the Shure E4C (420 is the new model name? I forgot) would prob. be the best bet.

Here, I'll give a hint about the 5 Pro: VERY recessed mids. Therefore, vocals will be very veiled, and so will the majority of the instruments.

EDIT: As for the Vibes, they are very good overall, but just be sure that you do not care about how percussion is portrayed...

My opinion:

I actually had the shure e4c and sold them for the super.fi 5 pro. I found the e4c too stale. Maybe the mids are a bit clearer, but everything else was boring to me. The super.fi's seem more upfront. Especially in bass.

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #13 of 48
For Chemical Brothers & Crystal Method, Shure E4c would slightly be on the lean side imo. SF5Pro would be better.

Considering the OP wants bass, it is hard to suggest E4c as it is more of a neutral IEM, even lean I would say.

PS. Am listening to Trip like I Do, right this moment, Go CM
cool.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #14 of 48
Seeing as i listen to the same style of music as you do, i DO NOT reccommend the E4C's!!!! I purchased them after reading alot of reviews, and was very dissapointed. The mids stick out wayyy to much with em and theres not enough bass to back up hard rock. But, they sound great with alot of other stuff, as in classical and live performances like some Dave....

But on the other hand, i loved the way SF5's sounded with hard rock, but found them very uncomfortable. So i settled with Sennhieser Cx300's. not as much detail, but has the nice warm somewhat bassy sound i like when listening to rock. Thats what i reccommend...

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #15 of 48
Lot's of ideas, keep them rollin in. I plan on buying within the next week. So from what I can tell the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5EB's look like the current favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back