IEM's hitting 50hz and under?
Mar 29, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by lwrs10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing as i listen to the same style of music as you do, i DO NOT reccommend the E4C's!!!! I purchased them after reading alot of reviews, and was very dissapointed. The mids stick out wayyy to much with em and theres not enough bass to back up hard rock. But, they sound great with alot of other stuff, as in classical and live performances like some Dave....

But on the other hand, i loved the way SF5's sounded with hard rock, but found them very uncomfortable. So i settled with Sennhieser Cx300's. not as much detail, but has the nice warm somewhat bassy sound i like when listening to rock. Thats what i reccommend...

I think this is partially true, but as I listen too to the same kind of music you listen, I think the shures can do a great job. I am fully aware the e4c's lack the sub-bass rumble to make your brains shake, but they have a very dynamic mid-range and a very fast bass attack, with good (but slightly too fast for my tastes) decay. I listen to a lot of techno, trance, and some hip-hop, and the shures sure give them some punch.

If you like the "shake and bake" kind of bass, which will completely overwhelm you, don't go with the shures.
However, if you like some quick, dynamic and clear bass-lines with lots of midrange energy, go with the shures.

The treble is not proeminent on the shures, it's pretty accurate and smooth, but if you want to have some shrilling attacks with hard rock and metal, they wont fit you.

"Please have in mind that I never listened to super.fis"

Mar 29, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #32 of 48
In my opinion UE super.fi 3s are nice too. The bass on these hits 20hz - I checked. They are very smooth and balanced sounding across the board, and have a good amount of detail, although nowhere near as much as my super.fi 5pros. I tried them with everything from smooth jazz and classical to hard rock and heavy metal. They worked very well for all kinds of music.

Mar 29, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #33 of 48
Cool deal, I think I'll go with the SF3's. Now is there any difference with the price of them other than white, black, and clear?

Mar 29, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by RH Customs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool deal, I think I'll go with the SF3's. Now is there any difference with the price of them other than white, black, and clear?

No difference in price.

Mar 29, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #35 of 48
Strange because I was on earphone solutions and there is a slight price difference due to the different colors.

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #37 of 48
EDIT
This post was irrelevant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hear deeper bass in er-4s than in sf5pro

That's because you're trying REALLY hard to hear it!
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by RH Customs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strange because I was on earphone solutions and there is a slight price difference due to the different colors.

There really shouldn't be, but I'm guessing it's due to the higher demand for certain colors. In this case, the demand is clear>black>white. It's still cheaper than if you were to go to a B&M store and buy them.

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #39 of 48
I guess it is settled I'll go for the SF3's. Unless anybody else has a better recommendation that is close in price to the SF3's.

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #40 of 48
The SF3s are very nice after FS mod - better fit (don't stick out as much), better isolation and better sound quality!
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #44 of 48
Not if you change the cables. I recommend to anyone - to just try the FS mod to see if it helps with comfort or seal, just bend the memory wire backwards and put the left in the right and the right in the left. Soundstage is reversed, but this is just a test to see if you like it.

If so, then swap the cables. Then the sound that the artist wanted on the right will be on the right, etc. The device that sticks in your right ear will have an "L" stamped on it, but it will have the right wire in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back