IEMs for under £350
Oct 7, 2011 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Earphonica

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,

I'm in the market for some good quality IEMs, and I have £350 to spend. What are the best sounding earphones in this price range? I don't want anything too clinical sounding; I want something fun and exciting with good bass and clarity. The actual build quality and comfort will also be a deciding factor; I would preferably want the cables to be replaceable.

I was really close to getting the Shure SE535's but I thought I'd get you suggestions before I make my decision.

Cheers

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #2 of 40
Your choice in Music Genre's could help decide.

Did you look into the Weston 4 IEMs?

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 40

Quote:
Your choice in Music Genre's could help decide.

Did you look into the Weston 4 IEMs?

I have but from what I've read, they are not particularly "fun" sounding, and the bass isn't that great. Without hearing them, I think the 3's or UM3X's would be more towards what I'm looking for.

I listen to such a wide range of music that I don't think it would be helpful stating them. I just want something that, when i put in my ear, will make me say WOW; something musical and involving.

Any ideas?

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 40
http://uniquemelody.co.uk/launchpromo/

Don't know if that's any help :)

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 40
 I tired the 535s, and I definitely wasn't a fan, I don't think they're would the sound you would be looking for. Maybe..... The IE8? I can't really think right now :/ That was probably the worst suggestion I've made.

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #8 of 40
 I would probably go with a pair of customs....

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #9 of 40

Quote:
Hello guys,

I'm in the market for some good quality IEMs, and I have £350 to spend. What are the best sounding earphones in this price range? I don't want anything too clinical sounding; I want something fun and exciting with good bass and clarity. The actual build quality and comfort will also be a deciding factor; I would preferably want the cables to be replaceable.

I was really close to getting the Shure SE535's but I thought I'd get you suggestions before I make my decision.

Cheers

Quote:
I have but from what I've read, they are not particularly "fun" sounding, and the bass isn't that great. Without hearing them, I think the 3's or UM3X's would be more towards what I'm looking for.

I listen to such a wide range of music that I don't think it would be helpful stating them. I just want something that, when i put in my ear, will make me say WOW; something musical and involving.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the se535.

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #10 of 40
Thanks all for the feedback.

I'm now thinking about blowing my budget and go for the UM Merlin customs, what else are Credit Cards for? 
biggrin.gif

Is the price difference between them and the SE535 worth it? I like the sound of their description, having very good bass.  Does anyone own a pair of Merlins?

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #12 of 40
I have had the 530s and from what I can have read it has a hint more bass than the 535s. If bass is important, 535s will not satisfy you, but it does have amazing clarity and mids. Highs and soundstage are mediocre

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #14 of 40

Quote:
i would take the shures but then i know what i like, you havent really said what you want.  what have you heard already and what did you like and not like about them?

I've had more experience with headphones than IEMs. My fav. full sized headphones that I've owned are the Sennhieser HD25-1 ii. I love their bass impact and overall detail and clarity.  I now want something for on the move.

So to recap, what I want in priority order

- Tight bass impact
- Clarity, detail, separation
- Immersive, emotion provoking sound

If I go on then I'd pretty much be describing the perfect phones and I know they don't exist, at least within a reasonable budget, but I want to go as close to as I can while leaning towards a fun sound rather than clinical.

I'm not sure if the custom Merlin's would be worth it, or if I should just save the money and go for either the SE535, Westone 3/UM3X or iE8. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back