IEMs for travel
Mar 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 12
Plz describe your budget and tell us little more about the genres music you listen and the soundsignature you preffer, so it's easier to recommend some IEMs.

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 12
The RE272, HF5, EQ7, CK100, GR10 and Sony EX1000 are recommended and they all are very detailed.

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 12
How about the Etymotic ER-4S and ER-4P?  Those seem to be well-regarded.

Would I want a high-impedance model like the ER-4S or a low-impedance model like the ER-4P for use with the Wavelength Proton DAC?  How about if I don't want to get the Proton out and I just want to plug into the computer headphone jack?

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 12
Ety ER4S, great imaging and neutrality, great isolation for traveling.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
Would you say the same of the ER-4P?  I think the impedance is the only difference.

4S and 4P doesn't sound totally alike. Basically 4S sounds more neutral with better resolution than 4P as the higher impedance changes the frequency response of the IEM. You can get the 4P with an aftermarket P-to-S adapter from eBay, and you will have two IEM in one package. Of course, the higher impedance of 4S means it will be best when driven with an amp. Have a read of my review of both here.

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Thanks, after a lot more research I'm now deciding between the RE-272, GR10, and e-Q5.  I'm a little shaky on the e-Q5 since there isn't much info on them online and I can't buy them from Amazon.  This list is very informative:

http://www.inearmatters.net/2009/01/list_01.html

But the GR10 isn't on there.

There's much more information (reviews, comparisons) about e-Q5 than you'll ever find about GR10.
Please search better.
wink.gif

And I wouldn't use a simple list giving SQ a single note to choose IEMs (SQ depends very much on personal taste). Take the time to read reviews, know which sound signature you like best, and choose in consequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back