IEM's For Office Use
Nov 2, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #16 of 19
I've owned an SE215 for about 1 year before I sold it off to my friend. During that time I didn't experience any issues with it. My friend used another IEM with mmcx termination (same as SE215) and within that period he experienced the sound cutting off due to the contact point in him IEM expanding. Considering the fact that neither of us plugged out the cables often, I'd say the SE215 build quality is pretty sound.

As for isolation, I use the same tips that I used on my westone 1 as they have the same bore size. Therefore fitting and isolation isn't much of an issue but if you're very particular about isolation or have some sound imbalance due to different ear size, then I suggest you go custom to eliminate these factors.

Sound wise, it ain't the most accurate I've heard at its price range but it offers a good overall picture. My westone 1 presented and emphasis on clarity and vocals but reduced bass. SE215 became my benchmark and I treated the westone 1 as an alternate version of the 215. But on to the bass of SE215, it was pretty satisfying for that price. I used the clear version, although many people here like the limited edition which is green in colour.

I hope this will help you in your choice of IEM:)

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #18 of 19
Considered the Brainwavz M3 ? Good IEMs, sound signature seemsnto be the same as the se530s with less details. However build quality is good, sound for my ears is superb (even compared to my KEF ls50). Sound is a little laid-back in the highs and enjoyable for very long listening periods. Bass is more on the light side, but equalizing works really well with these so you should be able to get some really deep bass out of them.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #19 of 19
I thought I shoukd update this thread and let you know I decided to go with the SE215s. I ordered them yesterday, so they should be here within a week. Really looking forward to trying them out. Thanks again to everyone who gave me advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back